braxton hicks for 2+ hours

missangie

Mama of TWO!
Reaction score
Ive been noticing Braxton Hicks for a little over a week now. I get them during work and often as Im driving home after work and then when Im relaxing at home for a bit. Not painful, just uncomfortable and I drink a TON of water and once I go to bed and wake up, they are gone.

I worked until 345 today and during the last hour of work I was having a lot of back cramping, I think from bending over and standing up over and over again (I teach gymanstics class 45 hours a week and run around with kids- most 3-6 yr olds allllll day) anyway right after class ended I was having a lot of braxton hicks and back pain and I drove home really uncomfortable. Its not almost 6 (so over 2 hours) and Im still having braxton hicks and some back pain. Is this normal for braxton hicks to last so long????

If you're having more than 6 an hour and they're regular you should call your dr/midwife! :hugs:

I have been having them like this to. They just are not consistant.

I had them like that when i went in to preterm labor at 33 week and had to have it stopped! I would call someone!

ive been keeping track of them for the past hour and they have been every 3 min for the most part with a few being 5. I think I will call and probably go in just to see. thanks everyone!

Yeah I would definitely go in. My Dr told me to call & go in if I have more than 6 in an hour even without pain. Since you're having some pain too I would definitely go in! Good luck!

i regularly get them for a whole day or 2 days at a time
but if its not normal for you, you should go get it checked

I am like Roxie. My normal is to get them on-and-off, sometimes for long periods of time, and that's been true for a long time! Sometimes they don't come and go but just stick around for hours, all tight and uncomfortable.

But since it's a new thing for you, I would call to ask about it or go get checked out.

Some things can trigger them: exercise, needing to go to the bathroom, straining in the bathroom, being dehydrated. Some activities might help them go away: using the restroom, taking a bath, drinking plenty of water, lying on your left side for awhile, or taking a nap.

Hey missangie how did you get on? Hope all is well xx

Not going to lie, I didnt end up calling. (I know, tisk tisk!) I knew they would just say to come in and my gut said it was just uncomfortable but not labor or anything and I have an appointment Monday with my midwife. I ended up going to bed with them, and woke up without them. Just some back crampy-ness today. I will definitely bring it up on Monday. I am fairly sure they are brought on from what I do at work since Im spotting kids doing gymnastics and jumping, running, etc all day long and I think my body is saying sloooooow down prego ;-)

Thanks for checking in and for your thoughts, even if i didnt listen ;-) Im really curious to see on monday if Im dilated at all or anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->