Braxton hicks- How many is too many?

ja14

Reaction score
I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant, and I've been having braxton hicks for the past 1-2 weeks. They aren't causing much discomfort, but today it seems like I've had a lot.
My next midwife appt is in two weeks, and I'll be mentioning it to her.
Until then, I'm curious to what others have heard regarding the frequency of their BH, especially this early.

Hi! Currently 23 weeks & experiencing a lot of BH this week too. They come up pretty much every time I walk & every time I bend over! The advice I've been given is to drink more! And it works! I was contracting most of yesterday & I really hydrated in the evening. This morning I drank double of what I usually drink and the BH stayed out fr a few hours. Then I forgot again, so now I'm pretty thight again. Im never thirsty, so it's hard & by the time BH hits, I'm probably pretty low on fluids as I pee more. I should have a bottle permanently attached to me.
I have a prenatal in 2 weeks & I'm going to focus on drinking (actually measuring it!!) & resting in the evening. If not better, I'm asking fr assessment as it's rather uncomfi.

Edit: To answer yr question, I think they say that >5 per hour & regular is a concern. Mine last as long a I do physical activity... So, it's pretty irregular. Not too worried, but not something I experienced with first!

I've been having them since 16 weeks and was told if you have 6 in an hour drink one large glass of water and lay on your left side. If you have another 6 or more in the next hour, get yourself to an ER.

I notice them when I'm laying down resting, and I know I need to drink more liquids- I've been working on it!

My mother had a lot of issues when pregnant with me causing her to go on bedrest at four months, and I'm paranoid I'll experience something similar!

Definitely get them more when I am moving around--usually when I get up real fast and rush off. They aren't very uncomfortable for me either, just a strange sensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->