braxton hicks question..

EMSwife1124

Mommy to Odin, Kai and Wren!
Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks today and a FTM. I have been having BH off and on today. I had them previously early in second tri but they were just annoying and would go away quickly.

Today has been a little more uncomfortable. They started this morning before work and continued sporatically throughout the day.... I've been home from work for an hour and had 2 - one minute long - contractions within 10 minutes.

I've been drinking water all day and changing positions.

My question is - when do I put in a call to my Dr? I don't want to call or go in if its just BH.. But I also don't want to ignore them.

Thanks ladies!

The key, when they want to hear from you, is if you have more than 4 in an hour.

"Play it safe and don't try to make the diagnosis yourself. If you haven't hit 37 weeks yet and you're having more than four contractions in an hour — or you have any other signs of preterm labor (see below) — call your caregiver immediately."

Also, if they are presenting like:
"•Abdominal pain, menstrual-like cramping, or more than four contractions in one hour (even if they don't hurt)
•Any vaginal bleeding or spotting
•An increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge — if it becomes watery, mucusy, or bloody (even if it's only pink or blood-tinged)
•More pressure in the pelvic area (a feeling that your baby's pushing down)
•Low back pain, especially if it's dull or rhythmic, or you didn't previously have back pain"

You should call! These were taken from the link below
https://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc

L&D would rather hear from you than have you stress and wait when it was something important. Since it is the weekend, L&D is the best bet. If you are not having more than 4 bh contractions an hour and are not meeting any of those suggestions, than you can rest, but if it is still worrying you because it is something too different than the norm (like it came out of nowhere), then you should still give them a call. Like I said, they'd prefer a false alarm over a close call!!! :hugs: Good luck!

Thank you.. I started having more closer together so I am in L&D now being monitored.

Not dilated any which is good but I've had a few contractions on the monitor. Waiting to hear from the Dr now.

Oh, good! I'm glad that they had you come in then, and I'm glad to hear you're not dilated!!! Keep us posted :hugs:

Good luck. Keep us posted, hope they ease off for you and your LO stays cooking a bit longer x

Thanks ladies! The kept me for about an hour.. I had small contractions but nothing that concerned them - esp since my cervix is nice and closed. So I was told to increase my water and rest.

I see my Dr on Monday for my normal check anyway so hopefully I can go the weekend without any more drama lol

I did feel better that I was at least recognizing contractions and not making them up in my head!

That's good news! Now get your feet up with a glass of water ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->