Braxton hicks related to not going overdue?

princessttc

Reaction score
SO a few weeks ago i was whinging that i have never had any braxton hicks:rofl:
Well lets just say this has changed, Im getting tightenings on and off all night with light period cramping style pain...

My friend had no braxton hicks and went 10 days over, my other friend had heaps and went at 39+3.... that just got me thinking:blush:

Has anyone had braxton hicks very badly at about 37+ weeks and still gone overdue? is it related at all?

I would like to think that these may indicate that i wont go overdue as the body is already preparing... i bet it doesnt though:cry:...am i onto something? I bet with my luck ill have these for 5 more weeks then get induced:rofl:

Hi hun,

Everyone is different but my friend had a lot of braxton hicks from about 32 weeks some of which were very strong and she gave birth at 38 weeks. I really dont know whether it is related to giving birth early or not but it would be nice if it is, especially after 37 weeks.

Hope this helps :hug:

I would be interested too.
I had c-section with first son.
Second son,no real painful BH and had to be induced at 41 weeks.

This time I have had painful BH from approx week 33.

You might be onto something here hun! I'm going to keep my eye on this thread!

I hope im onto something, anything to make the pains feel a bit more worthwile lol:rofl:

Just chatting to another friend she got very strong braxton hicks at week 35 and gave birth at 39 weeks.... please let me be onto something....

Oh and my other mate said what are braxton hicks:rofl: She was INDUCED at ten days over....

come on come on come on....i need to be onto something here lol:hug:

The rough thing is though I had bad bh with my 1st got dialated to 2cm for weeks and no labor :( I even had a sweep. I went to 42 weeks :( Thoughhhhh I did at least get to 2 cm :D

ummm not sure... i have been getting BH since about 32 weeks (like more uncomfortable onces) they have slowly gotten worse and worse and now are very painful and uncomfortable!!!!
I am hoping that your onto something cause i want Layla outta me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i found this

Way back, in 1872, an English doctor named John Braxton Hicks, observed and studied the later stages of pregnancy. He concluded that maximum women felt contractions just weeks before their due dates were predicted. Though they did not lead to labor, they were almost like labor pains. He concluded that though the contractions were essentially painless, they helped the body to get prepared for the real thing and gradually softened cervix. Ever since then, these contractions have been known as Braxton Hicks contractions.

i wonder if this is accurate at all.... i hope so lol...soften cervix, soften...:hissy:

https://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/what-are-braxton-hicks-contractions-905.html

I want a soft cervix!! Hopefully it's working for meeeeee. I get some wierd a$$ pains.

My sister in law had BH from about 19 weeks and she had her bubs a week before her due date!

Hiya

I have had loads ad loads of braxton hicks for weeks!! i am now 40 + 6 but have been having braxton hicks since about week 30ish and im still waiting :cry:

Hiya

I have had loads ad loads of braxton hicks for weeks!! i am now 40 + 6 but have been having braxton hicks since about week 30ish and im still waiting :cry:

noooooooooooooooooo:cry:
are urs painfull hun?, hope u go soon:hug:

I wonder what the majority will be. Here's hoping the under 40 weekers wins :p :p

I didn't have any BH so far, hope I won't go overdue!! We'll see!! xx

Maybe make a poll??? This is interesting.

I've had loads of painful BH for weeks and I'm still here at 39 + 6 on my 3rd baby.

fingers crossed as I have been having them from early on! Lets hope its true for all those Braxton Hicks sufferers! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->