Braxton Hicks?

Ellivort

Reaction score
I dont remember having them with my1st daughter, nor did I have a normal labour (water broke then induced so Idont think I even know what a "normal contraction is")

Last night for about 20 mins I had a tightening pain in my bump area, it didn't radiate, just the bump area. Is this Braxton hicks or would they be felt lower down, just curious. All is well now, but I am wondering. Thanks ladies!

It sounds like it from the location you said you felt it in, but they shouldn't be painful. They are just a general, painless tightening of the uterus.

I guess it was more so uncomfortable than painful really. Guess I will pay more attention next time. they are gone for the time being:thumbup:

Well I am glad they stopped. If they come back maybe give your healthcare provider a ring to get some advice :)

Ive been having braxtons from about 18/19 weeks, everything goes tight and hard for a minute or two then back to normal, sometimes they come often, more so if i need to pee and they can become annoying, like when trying to roll out of bed with a great big hard ball keeping ya down lol but they are never painful and go away after a while!

I'm seeing my OB tomorrow so I will definitely mention it, but so far its been an isolated incident. To be fair I've had a horrid cold and was coughing a lot, so that may have been a contributing factor.

I had a lot of Brixton hicks with our youngest dd quite often from 25+ weeks and some hurt past 30 weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->