Brazilian Wax??

Well I have not had a Brazilian wax yet, but I really want to get one. I haven't really heard anything bad about it. I'm assuming it hurts a little due to the fact that they're pulling hair out. But think about it, if it was really painful I don't think a lot of people would be getting it done. ykwim? To ease your mind a bit, you could look up a particular place and read their reviews on google.

p.s. A little tip I learned is that if you take a couple of pain killers 30mins-1hr before your appointment it won't hurt as bad.

I had one done a couple years ago before my prom and honestly I thought it was going to hurt way more than it actually did. While it did hurt for the first bit you just kind of get used to it and the pain kind of goes away while they continue. My main concern was some girl looking at my bits, but the place I was at gave you a paper thong thing and it covered parts while she worked on others. And really I thought it would be weird to have someone talking while getting it done but it was actually a great help cause it took my mind off what she was actually doing.

Mind you I haven't gotten another one since, but thats because I'm cheap haha. If I really wanted one again the pain wouldn't keep me away, the cost would lol.

I miss getting mine, moved and haven't sourced a good beautician yet.

From my experience, (I got them every few weeks for about 4 years), take 2 paracetamol about 30 minutes before.. It does dull the pain.. Which isn't as bad as you think it will be.

Try and find a salon that uses hard wax (GiGi is one brand of it) rather than soft wax. Hard wax, as the name suggests, hardens onto the skin (but only grabs the hairs so don't worry!!) directly which removes the need for a cloth strip - it is much less painful than soft wax.

Go for it! :)

I have always wanted to have one done as I use cream to remove downstairs, however I often leave it on too long and it burns the skin. I am just worried about another woman or man (do men do it?) looking at my private parts that closely.

I used to get it done. I used to get it done down at uni and it was basically a bikini wax, just a bit more taken off the sides. However when I moved back home and got it done at a local salon, lets just say it was A LOT more thorough and I was shocked the first time! I was left with hardly anything. She did the sides, underneath etc etc! There wasn't much point me keeping my pants on tbh!!

But you get used to it! After all they do it all the time!! It hurts at the time and if you're getting it done for a particular reason, hol etc, then do it a couple of days before the event as you'll be sore and might get lots of little pimples straight after. Lather on the tea tree oil after. It cools, soothes and is antibacterial!

I don't get it done anymore as I'm a cheap skate and it's £25 a go!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->