Breakfast - please help!

Hoping

Reaction score
I don't know what to do. For the past few days, Thomas has point blank refused to eat any breakfast. He used to polish off a whole weetabix, but now he just refuses, spits it out and gets upset. He had his morning bottle at 4.30 this morning, and I tried to feed him at 8.30 so he must be hungry surely? I tried fruit puree which he normally loves and he wouldn't eat that either.
He has started to get very keen to feed himself lately (finger food) so I tried giving him some weetabix and a spoon to feed himself - big mistake! He just made a mess and ate nothing.
I don't know what to do, I am worried he is not getting enough calories as he has been fussy with dinner recently too. The only meal he seems to like is lunch. What does everyone feed for breakfast? Any ideas as to what I can try? He loves omelate but I can't give him that 3 meals a day every day can i?!

As he's enjoying finger foods could you try fruit salads? I know lots of mothers do that at the baby cafe I go to (although they're doing baby led weaning and I'm not sure where you're up to with solids).

x

Maybe a bit of banana? I know it could get messy though :)

we put cut up fruit on Hannah's tray that she feeds herself while we feed her her cereal in the morning.

Also is he teething? Hannah refuses most food when she's teething...

Poppy's been like this too but I just put it down to teething. She still has lots of milk so I'm not too worried about her calorie intake at the moment. Do you think he could be teething?

Gabbi is a nightmare at breakfast but she never used to be! Drinks her milk, but will not have porridge with fruit and now is not enjoying baby cereal. We are limited to the type of cereal we can get out here and it is expensive! Found cheerios BUT it was honey and almond, no plain!

So this morning, after her milk, she refused the porridge and fruit so gave her a rice cake (YES I FOUND SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHIP WHOOP) with cheese spread on it. Not my choice for breakfast but need to buy some fresh fruit. Oh she also has had peach covered in broken biscuit to get a better grip. She likes toast, but doesn't really eat it.

Thanks for all your replies. He could be teething but then that has been the reason for everything for about 2 months now! Still no sign of any teeth though. Well, this morning he ate a while weetabix with no spitting at all. Have no idea why he did today and not yesterday or the day before but hay ho! I have tried fruit with him, but he doesn't really get it unless it is pureed. He eats toast, breadsticks, sandwiches and various other finger foods but struggles with fruit.
Anyway, hopefully it was just a phase but we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Charlie is exactly the same! Has been for a cpl of months. He just wont eat porridge, weetabix or anything! So he has nothing from tea time to lunch time the following day. He does have breastmilk before he goes to bed & again when he wakes up.

I spoke to my HV she said I'm breastfeeding too much! I dont think I am & I have put it down to him teething.. he has had 4 come through in the last 2 months.

Im going through exactly that same thing, hoping! I was actuallyt just about to make a post about it when I saw yours instead!

Jasmine likes cheerios and stuff, im afraid she doesnt eat enough of them though... I'd like to find more finger food type things too.

With fruit I find that she bites off too large of pieces and im afraid of her choking... But I guess she will just have to practice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->