• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breaking a bad latch

pgfairy

Reaction score
My little 4 day old is having some latch issues (might need to try some nipple sheilds for a day or two so the poor things can recover, I am SO sore). Finally got some great help but when Jason gets a bit sleepy or startles he still drops my nipple forward and smooshes it flat with his tongue.

I really want to break the latch and start over when this happens, but he also does this thing where if I try to get a finger in to break his super strength suck he closes his gums and I have to get my pinky between them to break the suction. Can you say OUCH? Anyone got any tips to get him to go easy on me?

Haha yup their suction is incredibly strong, isn't it? I'd continue to break his latch and reset him. You don't want him to develop a bad habit, it'll be too hard your nipples! My LO got lazy with her latch a few weeks ago and it was so annoying to have to constantly relatch her but it did correct the problem! We're back on track again.

thanks bingleygal I totally agree

When I try to do this by putting a finger in his mouth though he clamps down and hurts my already sore nipple. How do I get him to let go?

Is your finger between his upper and lower plates? If it is, next rotate your finger slightly so it's slightly wider a opening and you should be able to slip it out. At first attempt, they try really hard not to let go! I wasn't getting my finger far enough in at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->