Breaking teeth

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
This is so frustrating, this is my second tooth during pregnancy. My first one happened earlier and was resolved quickly, I just can't believe it happened again!

Anyone else have this problem? Did your OB/midwife give suggestions on prevention other than dental visits because I am seeing my dentist!

Me! Pregnancy was not kind to my teeth :( I was on extra calcium and vitD but it did nothing to stop it. I believe the hormonal changes are largely responsible. Just keep up with your dental visits now and after bubs is born... I was on top of things while pregnant but let it slide after having the baby but that was a mistake (a costly one).

I've had issues with my teeth & gums. My teeth are largely OK although they've gone incredibly yellow :( I got severe gingivitis in my gums over Christmas and then an infected abscess under a tooth! I had antibiotics and it's better but my mouth is still very sore overall, especially when I brush. My dentist told me there isn't much they can do other than clean your teeth regularly (I have to go see a hygenist every 3 months now) and keep an eye on them for you. It's just hormones apparently :(

My pregnancies have destroyed my teeth. :cry: I used to have perfect teeth, no cavities or anything, but the MS and acid reflux destroyed my enamel and now I have 5 cavities and barely any enamel left. Now I make sure I take extra calcium and use enamel fortifying toothpaste.

My teeth haven't changed all that much, but I figure I'm getting plenty of calcium and D between diet and supplements. Also, no reflux and not much vomiting.

One thing to bear in mind is if you throw up, don't brush your teeth for 1/2h afterwards. The enamel will be soft from the acid and your toothbrush can damage it. Just rinse with lots of water and wait a little bit.

My teeth haven't changed all that much, but I figure I'm getting plenty of calcium and D between diet and supplements. Also, no reflux and not much vomiting.

One thing to bear in mind is if you throw up, don't brush your teeth for 1/2h afterwards. The enamel will be soft from the acid and your toothbrush can damage it. Just rinse with lots of water and wait a little bit.

I never knew this! I always brush almost immediately after vomiting.

Actually it applies to eating acidic food as well. Don't brush right after your morning orange juice. Rinse first.

Actually it applies to eating acidic food as well. Don't brush right after your morning orange juice. Rinse first.

WSS! After you eat or drink ANYTHING, you should wait to brush your teeth. Drinking water after helps immensely too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->