Breaks between midwife apps.........

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
So, I saw the midwife at 30 weeks on the 7th March...........then nothing till consultant app on the 9th April.........and now I have to go back to the consultant for the 7th May if I dont go into labout naturally before then to see about a c-section.

Well I will have NO midwife app till then, they have NO appointments at all. How would you feel about this? I mean I have had a scan to tell me baby is head down, but nothing about engagement etc. I wont get another urine test or blood pressure taken till then, but its been consistant the whole pregnancy so not tooo stressed about that.

But I am pissed that they have 2 midwives and cannot fit me in. OK so I moved mid way through pregnancy, but its shocking there is such bad coverage for patients :(

Oh wow. I have an OB, so I don't know if I see him more than I would a midwife. But, I went at 32, 34, and I will go 36, 37, 38, and 39.. etc. If you have had a healthy pregnancy, I guess they don't feel "worried." I would still be a little upset about it though!!

I have seen mine, 25,28,31,34 (35 but this wasn't a planned appointment) then 36,38,40 . This is the norm in my area to see them at these times. Can you see a doctor in between? just to keep your mind at ease x

Most likely all is fine and lots of apts can be overkill, but I have to admit I love seeing my doctor and nurse often up until delivery. Norm here is every two weeks from about 28-30, then weekly for the las month.

Why don't you see your GP? They can check your BP & Urine, they may even listen to to the baby, all GPs have gynae & obs training so they should be able to give you a check. If you want to see a midwife why don't you contact the community manager and tell her your concerns, they will arrange an appt ASAP for you.

Why don't you see your GP? They can check your BP & Urine, they may even listen to to the baby, all GPs have gynae & obs training so they should be able to give you a check. If you want to see a midwife why don't you contact the community manager and tell her your concerns, they will arrange an appt ASAP for you.

There is a 16 day waiting time for doctors appointments. Its ridiculous. Basically the surgery has pt hours, 10 odd doctors but they only do apps 9-10 11-12 and 4-6! Its disgusting that can't register anywhere else.

I'm not hugely worried, but would be nice to know if bump is on track or if baby is engaged. My bump at 37 weeks I'd now bigger than my friend when is full term tomorrow. And its getting bigger.......I frank near 3 litres four yesterday and peed out less than 300ml, same today and kegs not swollen. Think its all going towards amniotic fluid! It was 22.2 on the 9th April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->