Breakthrough bleed/spotting???

cherrished

Reaction score
Has any one ever had breakthrough bleed/spotting???

I got my 1st faint BFP at 7dpo then at 9dpo I had light pink/brown/tan spotting when I wiped for a whole day on/off...... Which would of been around my 4 week period, then nothing after that one day, now I'm having the same again at 8 weeks (around time my period should be) could this be common/normal? Anyone ever experienced it? This time is started off pink discharge when wiped then bits on a pad then darkish brown now it's getting calmer and a tan colour again when I put tissue a little up inside, not sure what to think, I've googled it a few women do have it around 4, 8 & 12 weeks, or it could be start of MC not too sure hoping if anyone has had the same and gone on to have healthy baby x thanks for taking time to read x Carla

I had bleeding all the way through with my ds pregnancy Hun. Ranged from pink to brown cm and on a few occasions it was bright red spotting. In the first few months it was mainly around the date af was due although later on it did change and just become an anytime thing. My son was born perfectly healthy though. Honestly try not too worry too much as hard as that is. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thankyou Hun I did spot with my 1DS but only at 11 weeks, but this one I have twice so far each time around AF date xx

Yes I had brown spotting when my first period would have been due. I also had implantation bleeding a week after ovulation x

Your hcg levels seem great though Hun! I honestly don't think you have to much to worry about. I know how scary it is though. Have they offered you a scan? Might help put your mind at rest a bit.

I had a scan 3 days ago Hun 7 weeks
And 4 days healthy baby with strong heart beat and everything looked great she said no signs of bleeding or any problems she said that's why I
Can't understand I've started spotting again :-( x

Well that's great! I'm sure your lo is just fine! It was the same with my son, no explanation was ever found for the bleeding. The risk of miscarrige drops drastically once a heartbeat is seen though, so try not to worry too much! Maybe just try and take it easy for a few days and rest. I know my midwife put me on pelvic rest after I had spotting x

Thanks Hun I will try and rest just soooo nervous and scared it's going to go wrong again :-( thanks for advice Hun xx

I don't know much, but I remember watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" in high school a lot. The woman could basically be stuck in two categories: I have a condition that I'm basically (but apparently not entirely) infertile or I bleed throughout my pregnancy so I thought I was having my periods. I would say as long as it's not excessive or filled with clots and accompanied with pain then you shouldn't worry. BUT I also belief that if you are concerned you should ask your doctor.

Thanks Hun, I will be seeing my Gp in the week and no doubt she will refer me
For a scan, she is a lovely doctor, just going to rest all weekend see how I go xx

Did you have an internal scan? That could be the cause of spotting if you did.

No Hun tummy one she did press very hard tho I must say but she said she had to go deep to see bean more clearly x

Hi I am 12 weeks pregnant today. U have previously suffered a silent miscarriage and a natural miscarriage . At 8 weeks U had an early scan and all was fine saw healthy heartbeat. At 11 weeks and 4 days I had a bleed that last around ten minutes and was bright red. I was sent to hospital were they carried out a scan and saw baby again with heartbeat and baby moved for us. Doctor sent me home and stated bed rest. Since then I am having brown discharge daily this is scaring Me as I'm convinced something it going to happen? Should I ring hospital again? Or is this normal following a bleed should I take more time if work and bed rest. Also my actual fatih scan is not for another 2 n half weeks which would make me 14 n half should I ask for this to be earlier ? So worried can anyone help xx

Hi I am 12 weeks pregnant today. U have previously suffered a silent miscarriage and a natural miscarriage . At 8 weeks U had an early scan and all was fine saw healthy heartbeat. At 11 weeks and 4 days I had a bleed that last around ten minutes and was bright red. I was sent to hospital were they carried out a scan and saw baby again with heartbeat and baby moved for us. Doctor sent me home and stated bed rest. Since then I am having brown discharge daily this is scaring Me as I'm convinced something it going to happen? Should I ring hospital again? Or is this normal following a bleed should I take more time if work and bed rest. Also my actual fatih scan is not for another 2 n half weeks which would make me 14 n half should I ask for this to be earlier ? So worried can anyone help xx

I would make a new thread as you'll get more response on there xx

Hey Hun sorry I'm not
Much help, I'd ring the pregnancy unit or contact your GP and ask if you could get a scan sooner,
Good luck Hun fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->