Breast Cancer

xolily

Reaction score
My nan rang me yesterday and dropped the bombshell that she had breast cancer - doctors have told her it's treatable so still positive at the moment.

I'm just wondering, will it only be the next generation (i.e. my mum, aunties), if any, that need to be screened..? Or should all the girls go (me, my cousins)? I'm really worried now :( !

xxx

Oh hun i am sory sorry that you had to hear that news :hugs:

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you got yourself checked out? x

sorry hun :hugs: id get checked to maybe see your GP for a chat and just explain your feelings x

it is definitely much better to be safe than sorry, especially with cancer. i don't have a history of breast cancer on either side of my family but i still do a monthly exam in the shower just to make sure!

thanks girls! i would check myself but really have no idea how! we had also never had any form of cancer, or serious illness in the family.. til now =( x

If you hardly have any form of cancer in the family, then it is much less likely that any of you will inherit any genes predisposing you to breast cancer.

I would definitely say go to your doctor and have a good chat about it - its a really good idea as it will alleviate your worries and also give you all the information you need to support your Nan.

In the meantime the NHS has some very good information about breast cancer on their website, and a link to Macmillians self-test which tells you how likely you are to experience cancer in your life. I know from experience that if you have little incidence of cancer in your family that your chancers are much lower.

I have a long history of breast cancer in the family, so I can really empathise with what you and your loved ones might be going through right now - sending best wishes to your Nan and you all. Don't worry too much and try to focus on getting her well again :hugs:

Oops meant to give you that link to NHS information - here it is! https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cance...s/Introduction.aspx?url=Pages/what-is-it.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->