Breast changes (WARNING: boob pic)

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned about one of my breasts. I can't seem to get a decent photo without it becoming borderline inappropriate :haha:
I'll remove this one when I get some responses.
My left breast on the inside has a big patch of orange peel type skin and its red and inflamed. There doesn't seem to be a 'lump' as such but that whole area does stick out from the rest of my breast. It's not hurting but when I touch it, it is sore.
Could it just be to do with pregnancy? They have gone enormous so maybe its just from the extra bulge but there isn't anything like it on my right breast. I initially thought it was where I was leaking out of my old too tight bra, and the blood circulation was just a bit iffy as that's where it is, but ive been fitted and wearing perfect fit maternity bras for weeks now and it's still the same. Feeling slightly worried but don't know if I should be.

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/Mobile%20Uploads/0086D488-48E0-4D1C-9B4A-527CA10CD968_zpskzigywrl.jpg

Honestly, I would call your doctor and get it checked out. I can't say if it's normal or pregnancy related, but any breast changes like that should be checked out. Not saying that to make you worry or anything, but I would get it checked out to be safe and for reassurance.

Please keep us posted :hugs:

Agree with above poster, call your Drs to get it checked properly.

I would have your doctor check it, it is not like any pregnancy thing I have experienced.

As others have said id give the doc a phone, ive never seen or heard anything like that before either. x

From what I have read, some women get it as a benign pregnancy symptom as a result of the increase in breast size associated with pregnancy. However it can be a sign of more serious issues, even if you are pregnant, so you should get it checked out.

Aw above, I'd get to your doctor. Chances are it is just a pregnancy thing but there is always a chance it isn't. You should still remain vigilant for breast changes in pregnancy. I'm currently keeping a close eye on a couple of moles that have changed a bit over pregnancy. Ones gone a funny colour and ones grown in size. Doc thinks they are probably ok and it's hormones but I'm taking regular pictures to track any changes!

Hormones in pregnancy that help the baby grow and develop can also make more sinister cells grow. I'm not trying to scare you but I really think you should get an appointment with your gp, if only to hear them say that it's fine and normal! Better to be safe than sorry and I think it's always important to get any changes to your breasts investigated. Good luck.

As stated above any changes like that could be signs of inflammatory breast cancer!! I'd get it checked asap!!! Please update when you can!! So sorry you are dealing with that!! :hugs:

It looks like it's just a blocked milk duct or a bit of mastitis (my sis battled mastitis several times until she figured out one bra would put too much pressure on one spot and BAM, it'd show up. She threw that bra away and hasn't had trouble since.) but as other posters have said, it's worth getting it checked out because even a small inflamed spot like that can turn into something more serious.

Definitely get it checked out. Never seen changes like that. Hope it's nothing x

Thanks so much for all of the response I really appreciate it. We are going to away for a week on Monday morning so I won't be able to get a doctors appointment but will make one as soon as we are home. I knew I probably should just gave gone in anyway and got checked but thought I'd try here first and get a feel if it was a common change. Will update when I know more. X

I don't want to scare you, but look up symptoms of IBC (inflammatory breast cancer) the pitting or 'orange peel' with redness and soreness can be symptoms. Really hope it's just pregnancy related though :)

Without wanting to sound dramatic, I'd be trying to get to see a doctor before you go away. Can you see GP first thing?

Without wanting to sound dramatic, I'd be trying to get to see a doctor before you go away. Can you see GP first thing?

Unfortunately not, my GP surgery only opens one Saturday per month for pre booked appointments only. I could go to the walk in clinic in my local A&E but it's under so much strain I feel like I'd be wasting both my own and their time as the wait is always 4+ hours and they'd only tell me I need to book in with my GP anyway. I wish I'd gone earlier this week instead of putting it off.

Pop in on Monday to your local Dr's unless things get massively worse:) I small probably useless bit of advice I have is, if it possibly is a mastitis type thing, then for me mine wouldn't clear even after 2 courses of antibiotics until I had cut out caffeine, so maybe cut out any caffeine and see if it helps in the tiniest way, at least then you know you've ruled that out :)

I meant Monday first thing - I'm sure they'd see you before you go away if you explain x

I wouldn't wait either, if at all possible.. if it were something serious, like IBC , it can be very aggressive! Please get checked asap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->