Breast changes (WARNING: boob pic)

Can you call 111 and get an out of hours appt? Not sure if you have that in your area x

Aw above, I'd get to your doctor. Chances are it is just a pregnancy thing but there is always a chance it isn't. You should still remain vigilant for breast changes in pregnancy. I'm currently keeping a close eye on a couple of moles that have changed a bit over pregnancy. Ones gone a funny colour and ones grown in size. Doc thinks they are probably ok and it's hormones but I'm taking regular pictures to track any changes!

I've got some that have changed as well and new ones that have popped up. I'm going to the dermatologist after the birth to get them removed. One I've had all my life all of a sudden just started to grow! Freaked me out but doctor said it's normal, just get them checked to be sure.

I echo the others I trying to be seen before you go. It could be something benign, but it in the event it's something more serious, truly sooner the better. Not trying to worry you, but your description of it and the looks of it are worrisome.

Even if you can't get in until you're back home, could you at least call Monday morning and set up an appt for when you get back so there's less delay when you get back?

Hopefully it is nothing and just pregnancy related :hugs:

Most likely a pregnancy related thing but I would 100% get it looked at ASAP.

Sarah xxx

It's probably cellulite (don't cringe - we all get our battle wounds), but it is also a symptom of IBC, so I would get checked out JUST in case. I am glad you plan on doing so.

I was just thinking about this thread last night and was wondering if there were any updates. Hope all is okay!

We may never know. She has been very active on the boards the last few days but not here. ☹️ Hope it turned out ok

Thank you for thinking of me ladies. I called the doctors and spoke with my GP and have an appointment on Wednesday. He wasn't willing to give me an emergency appointment as he said breast changes are so common in pregnancy that it's probably nothing but he will book me in with someone just for peace of mind anyway. Hopefully it won't be him I see. He was rather dismissive of my concerns!
Let's hope he's right though :)

Eta: symptom wise nothing is worse visibly and I don't feel any more sore. I've noticed in the middle of the 'orange peel' area there seems to be a small white bump in the skin, the size of a spot but it's not a spot. Just a white area of skin in the reddened area. Wonder if that may be the cause of the surrounding inflammation but if it is I'm not sure what exactly it would be.

The 'white bump' I mean. I'm not excellent with explaining :haha:

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/7D7BF23C-88BA-4000-B36E-69ED3337280F_zpspxnwzgok.jpg

Hope you get on ok on Wednesday. If you don't get a decent explanation from doc tho and feel they're just being dismissive even after seeing them, I'd get a second opinion. Never worth taking chances with these type of things. Let us know how it goes :flower:

I agree completely.. if you feel they have brushed off your concerns I'd get a second opinion! That just doesn't seem normal to me!

Hopefully they'll take it more seriously when they see it in person. I assume he's expecting I'm making it sound worse than it is to be seen. As soon as I can on Wednesday I'll update the thread. X

Good luck tomorrow, hope all is ok and they check you over properly.

Hopefully they'll take it more seriously when they see it in person. I assume he's expecting I'm making it sound worse than it is to be seen. As soon as I can on Wednesday I'll update the thread. X

Hope it all goes ok tomorrow.

Sarah xxx

So the doctor doesn't know what it is. Said it could be an infection, or could just be pregnancy but is unlikely to be cancer. She gave me a course of antibiotics and said if it doesn't change to book another appointment and then they'll look into it further as it's just a case of elimination. Feel like I'm taking antibiotics for no known reason but whatever she says, she's the professional.

I'm so glad you went I kept thinking about you and this post. Can you get a second opinion for peace of mind. You sound like me I trust what the professionals say but sometimes you have to go with your gut instinct. I hope the antibiotics clear it up for you. Keep us updated xxx

Thank you. Yeah if the antibiotics don't make it any better I'm definitely going to push for further testing. She kept on about there being no lump but I read that there isn't always a lump with IBC and when I tried to say that she dismissed it. Let's hope it's a mild infection!

I'm glad that she thinks it could just be an infection or pregnancy related. It bothers me that she would just give you antibiotics to see if it's an infection, though, without really checking for a possibility of infection, but hopefully that's all it is. If it doesn't clear up, I'd definitely go back and maybe even get a second opinion if you're still not comfortable with her answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->