Breast feeding number two!

T8ty

Reaction score
I have a 2year old who will be nearly 3 when this baby arrives!

I breastfed untill Isabella self weaned at 18months.. And would absolutely love to breastfeed this one for as long as possible again.

I know it's going to be way harder this time and I don't want Isabella to feel left out!

Any tips and tricks on how to make feeding Time special for them both!

I'm considering a whole box of new books and maybe activity books that comes out when I'm feeding so Isabella sees it as a special time!

Any help and advice will be much appreciated!

Stalking! I bf dd until 15 months and she will be nearly 2 when this one arrives

Im really not finding it too hard, DS1 is just gone 3 and DS2 is 3 weeks and occaisionally ds1 will ask for milk/juice/yoghurt when im feeding but i think he is at an age where i can explain to him i wont be long, he loves cuddling us both when ds2 is feeding and 'helping' by passing me things. I loved breastfeeding 1st time but im enjoying it even more this time.

Hope that helps xx

My DD1 was 26 months when DD2 was born. I didn't really find that there was any issue - special snacks to keep the toddler entertained worked well.

Overall I found bfing way easier the second time around even with a toddler :flower:

Aww thanks so much for your lovely replies ladies!

Isabella will be three a week after this one is born..!!

Give or take! Haha

She is pretty good at understanding so I'm hoping she gains some patience over the next 7 months!

We hardly watch tv so I'm hoping that feeding time can either be snack and story time or a sneeky bit of tv! Just to keep it calm!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->