• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast pads!

SarahP13

Mummy to a princess :-)
Reaction score
Ok, hit me with your recommendations please!! (Uk)

I fed both my girls but I can't for the life of me remember which pads I preferred. I seem to remember that lansinoh pads were good but expensive, individually wrapped (which annoys me, feels like a waste of packaging!) and quite large. Tommee tippee were wrapped in pairs (I often change one at a time as one gets sodden while I feed from the first breast, so don't always need a pair!) and didn't seem as absorbent.

I have a feeling I liked asda ones but can't seem to see them online so maybe they don't do them anymore? I prefer boxes that don't have the pads wrapped individually/in pairs and they need to be very absorbant as I tend to have a huge oversupply and leak loads (like seriously get drenched during every feed!).

I did use washable ones once my supply had settled at around 6 weeks (so recommendations for those welcome also) but definitely want disposables to start with.

Thank you!!

I used Asda with my son though that was 10 years ago :wacko: they do still have them in store though as I picked up a couple boxes recently :baby:

I used Asda with my son though that was 10 years ago :wacko: they do still have them in store though as I picked up a couple boxes recently :baby:

Thanks. I'll have a look in store then, nearest one is half an hour which is a pain but it's close to some other good shops so may have to have a few hours browsing for baby!!

Tried every brand out there but I always come back to the Lansinoh ones. Yes they are expensive but for me they were the only ones that were not itchy and didn't bunch up or end up moving around. I leak loads so a good pad is important to me !

Tried every brand out there but I always come back to the Lansinoh ones. Yes they are expensive but for me they were the only ones that were not itchy and didn't bunch up or end up moving around. I leak loads so a good pad is important to me !

See, I don't really remember them being any more absorbent than the asda ones but were so much more expensive. In the first few weeks with my girls I got through so many - with DD2 I used to fill a bottle with more than 100mls just dripping out of the breast I wasn't feeding from! I soaked muslins during every feed sticking them down my bra to catch the excess. I also find the ones that are individually wrapped need two hands to unwrap but the loose ones I can grab with one hand during a feed to shove down my bra!

I've been to two Asda's so far and no luck, out of stock online too. May have to get one box of lansinoh and then try some other brands.

When my supply stabilises (around 6 weeks with DD2) I'll move onto reusables, but in the meantime need disposables.

I have always come back to the lansinoh ones most comfortable for me

I use the Medela disposables. They are not as comfy as the cloth type, but they always leaked less for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->