breast pumps

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
For those of you who have used or tried brast pumps, which have you tried, which did you like/dislike and why?? Did it matter if it was manual or electric? Does a higher end manual one work just as well as an electric one?

I am in Canada, so I hope some people from Canada have some Input.

Just for references, I will likely have to be going to toys r us, sears or someplace like that because of where I live, but they seem to have a wide range anyways.

I looked on the Canadian toysr us website to find the one I had. Will you be pumping at work?

No, im going on mat-leave. It will just be for whatever-use. Some of the manual ones say they work as good as the electric ones, time is not a factor for me either, I will have lots of time :)

I swear by electric pumps. I've used both and hated manual. My hands always got sore and I got little from manual (no more then 50mls). But from electric I would easily get 150mls - 200mls. Nor did I have to worry about sore hands!!!

Oh I would recommend a double pump because once I started to express on one side the other would leak, so for convince it double's are great!

I hope this is some what useful advice :)

maybe something like this...

https://www.positivelybreastfeeding.ca/shop/breastfeeding/Breastpumps/Ameda_PurelyYours.htm

I've got a manual Avent Isis breast pump and I love it - although I think if I was pumping more often I would want an electric/double one (the thought of an electric one scares me though - I like being able to control how hard I squeeze!)

I pump a couple of times a week now at the most, but once a day at first and it probably takes about 20 minutes to empty one breast (4-7oz depending on the time of day).

I love the fact that it comes apart really easily for washing and sterilising. The only problem with it is that it has a litte rubber plug that (a) is easy to wash down the sink - they do give you spares though, and (b) doesn't seem to 'plug' as well after a while so I need to push it in with my finger just until milk starts coming out, then it's fine x

Ryder, did your doctor's office give you the Nestle bundle? I got a leather-type zip up binder with all kinds of stuff on breast feeding and a calander to keep all my appointments organized, how to make a birth plan....and it had a dvd in it that goes over the best types of pumps and stuff?

No I didnt get any bundle like that.

I use the medela swing pump. It is electric or battery operated. Toys r us sells it for $199 and there is a $20off coupon in the back of the baby registry catalog. I really like it because it has a "let down" feature and you can adjust the pumping strength. I actually dropped it the other day and was naughty. I called and told them that it had just stopped working after they walked me through a couple of things to try and make it work they are sending me a new unit :) The company has been really good to work with. I as well am using mine for random pumping and to let off a bit when I'm too full and she isn't taking enough. Good luck

I swear by electric pumps. I've used both and hated manual. My hands always got sore and I got little from manual (no more then 50mls). But from electric I would easily get 150mls - 200mls. Nor did I have to worry about sore hands!!!

Oh I would recommend a double pump because once I started to express on one side the other would leak, so for convince it double's are great!

ITA^^^

I had the best luck with Medela's Pump In Style, double electric pump. I bought online after I chucked my manual Avent across the room! GL

Hi,

I HATED manual pumps too much hard work and would end up giving up after 20 minutes cos of a sore hand. I brought an avent isis iq uno, the reason I found it so fab was cos you start off manually so go the speed you like and then press a button and it carries on electronicaly at the same speed. I think you could look up the name

I just recived my Avent one from mothercare the other day. Looks o.k.. :shrug: Was good value for money and came with bottles, soother and cleaning brush aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->