Breast Pumps

Swanny

Reaction score
Are you all buying one?

I am going to try breast feeding but you know it might not be for me so I've already bought all avent bottles steriliser etc.

I would like to breast feed for a few months if possible and would need to use bottles etc when I stop and return to work anyway.

But I'm confused about breast pumps....do I need one?

What happens if you feed for a week and then stop? Does milk just dry up?

Also I have implants so not sure if the use of an electric or manual pump would make any difference?

x

Hi Swanny, to directly answer your question, do you need a breast pump. No, of course not. . women got by without them for 1000's of years. . . . that said, you may want to have one on hand especiallly if you are planning on going back to work.
I can only give you my opinon based on my experience. For the implants, it doesn't matter if you use a manual pump or electric. The surgery itself may have impacted your milk ducts. .so the issue will be CAN I breastfeed/express at all. . I have implants as well and did not have a problem so I hope that you will not either.
It does take time for your supply to dry up and it sounds like you may need to express for relieving pressure . . more than anything else? If that's the case I would still say buy an electric pump. But, if you are using it for this purpose I would suggest finding the least expensive pump you can. It doesn't make sense for you to buy a $200 pump for this purpose. I'm admitingly against manual pumps. . I think they are useless and only serve to stress a mommy out. Just imagine pumping for 10 minutes, only having 2 oz to show for it and then realizing that your breasts are still as swollen as before you started. . so frustrating. . .
If you are planning on expressing more consistently, over BFing, then I would buy a good electric pump. . .
Anyhow, that's my opinion. . good luck finding something that works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->