Breast refusal

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Any advice on how to overcome this? LO has started refusing at some feeds but not at others?

lots of skin to skin and express whenever she wont feed to keep supply up. Having the same problem myself!

Thanks hun, its stressful isnt it x

How much should i be trying to express?

im building supply so I keep going til im empty then continue for 3 minutes. I would be inclined to do the same yourself otherwise your supply will start to drop.

Hmmm i just expressed and tasted some of my milk afterwards (to see if it tasted dif and thats why LO was refusing) and it tasted a bit salty.....i have had some in the past and it didnt taste like that.

What could cause it to become salty?? :/

It could be something that you have eaten, it shouldnt stop LO wanting it though. When I first had LO I was on antibiotics and mine smelt like vinegar but he still gulped it. Does it taste the same from both breasts?

If it tastes the same both sides its probably something you have eaten, if it tastes different both sides it could be mastitus apparently when ive just googled it.

If your milk tastes odd it may be an idea to exclude pregnancy as a possible reason. Though taste change could be as simple as diet changes.

Could he be refusing to feed as he is now managing to go longer between feeds and take more and therefore simply isn't hungry?

I found that during partial nursing strikes lots of skin to skin is brilliant. I never needed to express as I could usually get LO to feed by waiting until nap time, whipping my top off and lying down with her. Once she got tired she was always willing to feed, even if she had been screaming at the boob a few minutes before.

well what i tasted was only the last of what i had got out of my right breast and the other bottle i filled expressing was a mix of both, i have a book here that says salty milk can be a result of early mastitis but im not sore or anything?

I havent eaten anything out of the ordinary tho??

haha theres pretty much no chance of me being pregnant....i hope!!!! We have only DTD twice since Elleah was born and used a condom both times and was intact at the end!!! I did have a second of panic when i read that tho, dont scare me like that!!!!!

She has five feeds every 24 hrs as it is and sleeps through the night so i doubt its lack of hunger...im worried by her not feeding she is gonna starve or something. surely if she was that hungry she would feed right???

is she refusing both breasts or just one?

Is she constipated Shan?

Funny you say that cause she normally goes a few times a day but she didnt go at all yesterday and today only went once...but it was soft so i dont think so?

or is she teething?

I dont think so, shes only 11 and a half weeks old? How would i know if shes teething? She doesnt seem to be in pain or anything? She has started drooling alot tho...

teething can start anytime from 6 weeks; one of my BILs got his first tooth at about 3 months....

Ive known a baby younger teeth, its not common though. Though you'd think if she was teething she would be soothed by the boob not striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->