breastfed babies result in better behaved children?

A debate for natural vs epidural will more than likely not get very far.

I wanted a natural birth, I was told as soon as I was 4cm dilated I would have (yes, have) to have an epidural as I was delivering twins and they wanted to be prepared for theatre... I ended up with a emergency c section under general anaesthetic..

I didnt get to make the choice on my delivery, not everyone does so there isnt much of a debate.. Some people may not want an epi but have to have one... It would just get all messy and defensive, like this one has.

What does "prepared for theatre" mean? I had no idea they could make you get an epi!

Neither did I until I was having my girls.. I never got to have an epi as I stayed at 3cm all the way until I had them lol..
It just means that they would be ready for the delivery if there was a complication. In my case there was so I had to be put to sleep. I was in intensive care after I had the twins and they were in NNU.

Just so you know in future, they can't 'make' you do anything. Its your body and your decision.

I wanted a natural birth, I was told as soon as I was 4cm dilated I would have (yes, have) to have an epidural as I was delivering twins and they wanted to be prepared for theatre... I ended up with a emergency c section under general anaesthetic..

I didnt get to make the choice on my delivery, not everyone does so there isnt much of a debate.. Some people may not want an epi but have to have one... It would just get all messy and defensive, like this one has.

What does "prepared for theatre" mean? I had no idea they could make you get an epi!

Neither did I until I was having my girls.. I never got to have an epi as I stayed at 3cm all the way until I had them lol..
It just means that they would be ready for the delivery if there was a complication. In my case there was so I had to be put to sleep. I was in intensive care after I had the twins and they were in NNU.

Just so you know in future, they can't 'make' you do anything. Its your body and your decision.

I know thats itnmost cases, this hospital had it as its policy for multiples deliveries, they also didnt deliver babies under 34 weeks..

I know thats itnmost cases, this hospital had it as its policy for multiples deliveries, they also didnt deliver babies under 34 weeks..

Wow that would be really scary! I'd like to see a hospital try and force an epi on me, they'd have an impossible time trying to find the right spot with my scoliosis! :haha:
On a serious note though that is unfortunate to have that forced on anyone, I mean it's better since you can be awake for delivery, but the risks are just scary!

They have a policy but they also have duty to treat.

Wow that would be really scary! I'd like to see a hospital try and force an epi on me, they'd have an impossible time trying to find the right spot with my scoliosis! :haha:
On a serious note though that is unfortunate to have that forced on anyone, I mean it's better since you can be awake for delivery, but the risks are just scary!

I nearly died.. I was glad I was asleep.. I had Chloe and Jaycee at 29 weeks, I had an infection which led to septicemia... I had a 3.5ltr blood transfusion. I had very little oxygen in my body. My fingernails had gone black.. It was so scary.. I was glad I was asleep.. I didnt see my girls for 5 days as they were taken to another hospital

I feel so terrible and sorry for people who dont have a good birth experience :( I wish everyone would feel how amazing it can be to have a lovely, enjoyable birth.

I feel so terrible and sorry for people who dont have a good birth experience :( I wish everyone would feel how amazing it can be to have a lovely, enjoyable birth.

rub it in why dont u hahahaha

but this is why i no a thread about pain relief in labour wouldnt go well because some people have horrible experiences and then others like laura have a awful experience :(

oops :blush: sorry! You know what I mean though, haha.

yeah i no what u mean!

anyway ladies we have totaly changed the thread so i take it we are all finished talking about the actualy debate lol

^ only a mod can delete comments, so I guess it was vickie :shrug: Maybe PM her to ask :)

they were removed per my previous warnings about getting the thread back on track and keeping it there.

Bringing up the earlier arguments (posts that caused arguments) is only going to derail the thread again

they were removed per my previous warnings about getting the thread back on track and keeping it there.

Bringing up the earlier arguments (posts that caused arguments) is only going to derail the thread again

Sorry, when I click on subscribed, it takes me to the page I last posted, I didnt read the later comments :flower:

It was me that brought up natural births, i didnt do it to derail the thread tho it was just to prove my point, sorry, i didnt realise everyone would jump on the band waggon! X

It was me that brought up natural births, i didnt do it to derail the thread tho it was just to prove my point, sorry, i didnt realise everyone would jump on the band waggon! X

not your posts regarding the natural births at all that I was referring to :) threads are fine to go off in other directions, it happens often, but when that direction results in people bickering and picking at one another's posts etc. that's when the problems occur and what I was referring to.

How do you girls feel about me making a separate thread re: natural birth and birth experiences?? Just to keep the area here clear for the breastfeeding debate, if anyone wants it to continue??

I went ahead and jumped the gun - https://www.babyandbump.com/news-de...eel-epidurals-natural-birth.html#post10812793

not your posts regarding the natural births at all that I was referring to :) threads are fine to go off in other directions, it happens often, but when that direction results in people bickering and picking at one another's posts etc. that's when the problems occur and what I was referring to.

Ok :thumbup:

Its actually one thing that doesnt bother me that much, I always always get choked up about explaining to people how I begged NNU to bring my babies back so I could see them... I dont want people to feel sorry for me though. I am happy it went the way it did cos I am alive and I have my girls..
I dont think I will be having any more children but if I do then I hope to experience a smoother birth lol. It would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->