breastfed babies result in better behaved children?

I have nothing against people being passionate about things they believe in but they have to know where the line is otherwise it is just bullying.

Im passionate about natural birthing, but i wouldnt tell somebody that no matter what they couldnt have an epi! Its their choice to make, natural birthing is better than epi's, no effects on the baby etc. But i wouldnt bully someone into my way of thinking! Id give them facts, figures etc but the choice is their choice, and theirs only. I also wouldnt make them feel bad if they did have one!

i too am very passionate about natural birthing and i hate epidurals but just because i got thru the birth without one doesnt mean others can or want to, so im all for a woman being able to do what she wants! after all formula is there for a reason and so is a epidural!

i dont judge others for their style of birthing or feeding, its all hard enough as it is

just to answer the OP i BF both my girls till almost 2 years of age and they are typical kids. one has ADHD so she is naughty and the other is the opposite but has days of manipulation (likes to press older sisters buttons) i guess they are typical girls for their age and have manners but can throw an awesome tantrum.

just like to add that parenting and child birth is all about a womans choice and no one should be discriminated. bullied or have others opinions forced on them. we are lucky to have choice. its our choice, it our body, its our child. DONT make someone feel like crap because they dont fall into what you think is the way things should be done

I have nothing against people being passionate about things they believe in but they have to know where the line is otherwise it is just bullying.

Im passionate about natural birthing, but i wouldnt tell somebody that no matter what they couldnt have an epi! Its their choice to make, natural birthing is better than epi's, no effects on the baby etc. But i wouldnt bully someone into my way of thinking! Id give them facts, figures etc but the choice is their choice, and theirs only. I also wouldnt make them feel bad if they did have one!

i too am very passionate about natural birthing and i hate epidurals but just because i got thru the birth without one doesnt mean others can or want to, so im all for a woman being able to do what she wants! after all formula is there for a reason and so is a epidural!

i dont judge others for their style of birthing or feeding, its all hard enough as it is

I do wonder why there aren't debates about epidurals like there are about formula :haha:
I'm so jealous of the people who were able to have epidurals, back to back labour with scoliosis HURTS!!! but I couldn't get an epi, because of the scoliosis :wacko:

I do wonder why there aren't debates about epidurals like there are about formula :haha:
I'm so jealous of the people who were able to have epidurals, back to back labour with scoliosis HURTS!!! but I couldn't get an epi, because of the scoliosis :wacko:

i just think most people are more sensitive about how we give birth to start a debate about it.
we all no how bloody hard it is and to get thru it anyway u can is a big bonus. and i see the same for motherhood, to get thru it alive it something to be proud of.
i will always be hurt by the fact me and zane just didnt get on with breastfeeding but we didnt and i did what i had to and for someone to question me is so annoying, let alone if someone tried to make bitchy comments about my birth

I am passionate about breastfeeding, but I do not feel the need to make anyone feel bad about not doing so, for whatever reasons. xx

I think it's ironic to say someone is "weak" when they are sensitive to other peoples comments, because it's typically the other way around. A lot of times when someone projects themselves as superior to other's in a certain area, it's because feeling superior about that one thing makes them feel better about their own insecurities. A common defense mechanism.

I personally don't think that's a great mindset to have (that no one can make you feel bad about yourself) though it sounds great in theory. Being sensitive is a great quality (IMO)... it allows you to feel empathy for others, which can in turn make you a much better person because of it.

Crossroads- I'm actually suprised you're not on the other side of this debate. I would think that going through such a difficult time breastfeeding, and lacking support, would make you more sympathetic and supportive for others who might be in the same situation.

We'll have to find someone to be on the side of "epidurals are so bad you better not get one or I'll type bad stuff at you" first :haha:

We'll have to find someone to be on the side of "epidurals are so bad you better not get one or I'll type bad stuff at you" first :haha:

:haha:
i just think its a stupid thing to do questioning the way a woman gives birth.
the only thing that gets on my nerves is when first time mothers thinking it will be easier for them to have a section rather then giving birth. but thats a whole other thread lol

the only thing that gets on my nerves is when first time mothers thinking it will be easier for them to have a section rather then giving birth. but thats a whole other thread lol

I was one of those at first! So glad I did it natural now but if they had given me a choice I would have picked a section, glad they didn't! I was absolutely terrified to push a baby out I didn't think I could do it, turns out I'm great at it!
And, TMI, but I'm still very confused as to how things ended up going back to tighter than they started!

There will probably never be a debate on here about epidurals vs natural birth though, simple because we ALL had to go through labour and we ALL know it hurts!! The ones who did it natural know it's absolute horror, I could never in my right mind talk someone out of pain relief!

I was one of those at first! So glad I did it natural now but if they had given me a choice I would have picked a section, glad they didn't! I was absolutely terrified to push a baby out I didn't think I could do it, turns out I'm great at it!
And, TMI, but I'm still very confused as to how things ended up going back to tighter than they started!

the thought of a section scares the hell out of me! i take my hat off to any woman whos had to go thru them for what ever reason. id rather have afew stitches down there then across my stomach.....

anyway we are changing the subject of the thread...which has already been done several times anyway lol

Re: no one can "make" you feel bad about yourself.

I stand by that comment.

I regularly hear FFers say "I did what was best for me and my baby". I hear it at least daily. So if you truly believe you did what was best for your baby then you should be able to shrug off comments to the contrary. It's like someone saying to me "you're fat". I would be able to shrug that off because I know I'm not fat.

No one can make you feel bad without your consent.

Crossroads I don't mean this to piss you off at all but you remind me of myself minus a few years. I used to think that way too, because its true for myself. Then I learned that its not fair to hold everyone to your own standards and its not about truth or maturity but different personalities have different strengths and weaknesses. Some of the most caring people in the world are also incredibly easy to make feel guilty. In fact they are the stereotypical martyr mom so I'm sure there's plenty of them on this site.

I understand what you're saying but perhaps sensitive people shouldn't be surprised that not everyone tip-toes around in the debate section? I find tip-toeing around hinders the debate as it means that people cannot say what they really mean.

There will probably never be a debate on here about epidurals vs natural birth though, simple because we ALL had to go through labour and we ALL know it hurts!! The ones who did it natural know it's absolute horror, I could never in my right mind talk someone out of pain relief!

im just one of those "crazy hippys" who is having a homebirth lol

thing with labour is go into it with ur eyes wide open n see how u handle it before u decide what u do and dont want.
i no someone who had the easiest labour in the world and was in hardly any pain (drug free)....id love to no her secret lol

im just one of those "crazy hippys" who is having a homebirth lol

thing with labour is go into it with ur eyes wide open n see how u handle it before u decide what u do and dont want.
i no someone who had the easiest labour in the world and was in hardly any pain (drug free)....id love to no her secret lol

I wanted a home birth, but OH said no =(
I actually would have taken any pain relief I could get, but the midwifes were awful and actually refused to give me anything more than paracetamol until I was actually pushing and by then I only had time for gas & air. Honestly though I think not having drugs and the amount of pain I was in (even though I kept saying I think I'm dying as everything went black during contractions and the pain kept on between them too) I think that ended up making my labour faster and pushing easier! The gas & air made it so it didn't hurt much at all when baby came out and because I was fully concious and aware it only took a few pushes and I remember everything :thumbup: It's like my body was saying get this freakin baby OUT!!

Re: no one can "make" you feel bad about yourself.

I stand by that comment.

I regularly hear FFers say "I did what was best for me and my baby". I hear it at least daily. So if you truly believe you did what was best for your baby then you should be able to shrug off comments to the contrary. It's like someone saying to me "you're fat". I would be able to shrug that off because I know I'm not fat.

No one can make you feel bad without your consent.

Crossroads I don't mean this to piss you off at all but you remind me of myself minus a few years. I used to think that way too, because its true for myself. Then I learned that its not fair to hold everyone to your own standards and its not about truth or maturity but different personalities have different strengths and weaknesses. Some of the most caring people in the world are also incredibly easy to make feel guilty. In fact they are the stereotypical martyr mom so I'm sure there's plenty of them on this site.

I understand what you're saying but perhaps sensitive people shouldn't be surprised that not everyone tip-toes around in the debate section? I find tip-toeing around hinders the debate as it means that people cannot say what they really mean.

You can say what you mean without being rude or condescending. It's not very easy, as emotions always get in the way. But a debate doesn't have to be nasty. How many kids do you see getting nasty in their mock trials at school? Or on debate teams? What really speaks in debates are numbers and statistics. You can easily give those numbers and statistics with tact and grace, I'd imagine.

there is giving statistics and then theres sticking them down peoples throats making out we are too stupid get it.
its called tact so maybe afew more people need to learn what that means

You should be adult enough to debate things in an adult manner and not be a childish and immature bully though. All that does, is throw your credibility out the window where no one will listen to what you have to say anyways. You are not doing a very good job advocating BF'ing with how you're going about it.

I'm sure when you were struggling you would have just loved people telling you what a weak woman you are, toughen up and get through it and putting you down. Women need encouragement, not bullying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->