Breastfeeding #2 easier? (Little ahead of myself!)

AC1987

Mom of 2 DD's
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting a lot ahead of myself as I only recently found out I was preg.. but I'm curious as to know the pros and cons of breast feeding a 2nd time with also a toddler running about.
My breastfeeding journey came to an end with LO when she turned 1, as that's when it got painful and it agitated me too much. I ended up combi feeding her, got talked into it actually. And my goal is to not combi feed my 2nd, however I know it'll probably be a whole lot harder trying to both bf a newborn and take care of my munchkin.
So I guess my questions are,
Is the pain just as bad the 2nd time around? Like will it feel like a buncha nails hitting my nips at once :haha:
Is it easier or harder?

Like second nature this time round, its so much easier when you know what you're doing from the start! X

It's easier on one hand because YOU yourself have experience in what to do. You already know about clusterfeeding, all the different latching positions, how breastmilk is digested quicker, etc. And you will have more confidence in yourself and can completely ignore the other people who try to push formula onto you.

I've already switched dr's once because of this! Makes me mad wondering how many other mothers she has tried the same crap on who thought dr's advice was best! :grr:

On the other side though your baby will still be new to it and you will have to help him/her adjust and learn how to do it :) My son took to breastfeeding straight away while my daughter did not. BUT I knew how to help her and I had the confidence. Plus I really hate washing baby bottles :winkwink:

Congrats on the new pregnancy :flower:

Thanks for the replies!! :) I'm happy to know that its easier.. as I was really wondering on what to do. And yes I do plan to ignore all those people and nurses who push formula.

Confidence has made it easier for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"