Breastfeeding a 2 year old

becsboo

Reaction score
Charlie Is 2 I was out in a cafe and he wanted to feed I did it discreet but a lady came up to me and said it was disgusting:( I hate confrontation so I left is feeding a baby not the normal I know he is quite big so might look older also some family members have told me to stop
It's not like I'm not used to it I have lots of children all breastfeed this incident just got to me rude woman now I'm thinking I should go to the baby change to feed idk just wanted to vent thanks for reading x

Sorry you encountered that. Some people can be so ignorant. My 5 year old still nurses but she never nurses in public anymore as she's worried what people would say or think. It's sad that society is this way towards something so biologically normal and natural :hugs:

Thats so out of order, to actually come up and say its disgusting. She could have looked the other way if it offended her, which is crazy. I don't think you should have to go elsewhere. :hugs: i don't like confrontation either.

Thank you ❤️
It's so sad people must have there own insecurities it's a natural thing to do

Sorry you encountered that what an incredibly rude woman - what you are doing is amazing :hugs:

I don't get why some people feel so offended at someone feeding their child. I'm all about fed is best so I don't get why a kid drinking out of a bottle doesn't get remarks, but the natural way is somehow indecent? It's not like most women take their entire top and bra off in public.

I hate confrontation, but I would have said something back to that woman along the lines of her being the one that's disgusting.

Feel better. I've never liked confrontation and have never had to nurse in public so I can't imagine what some people go through. I think what you are doing is great and do what feels right to you. Don't change the way you want to do things because a rude woman had something to say about it.

Ive only fed one of mine over 2 years old, i didnt feed her in public as she always used to play (nip!) with the opposite nipple whilst feeding 😂 haha, but i dont see why anyone would have an issue with it! Their problem, not yours, dont let it lut you off!

funny you should say that loraloo because Charlie does that playing while im feeding but behaves if we are out lol

I'm really sorry that happened. People can be really cruel and its unfortunate that it's so taboo to do something that is completely natural! I think it's funny that as a society we find it ok to give our young milk from another species but it's "disgusting" to give them the milk that they were designed to have.... really makes one think doesn't it???? Just know you are not alone, I'm still nursing my almost 3 year old. I know it can feel strange when most others have chosen a different road, but what you are doing is amazing. ❤️

I'm really sorry that happened. People can be really cruel and its unfortunate that it's so taboo to do something that is completely natural! I think it's funny that as a society we find it ok to give our young milk from another species but it's "disgusting" to give them the milk that they were designed to have.... really makes one think doesn't it???? Just know you are not alone, I'm still nursing my almost 3 year old. I know it can feel strange when most others have chosen a different road, but what you are doing is amazing. ❤️

thank you for your kind words :)

My 3 year old never asks to nurse in public any more but if she did, I'd do it. Anyone who cares enough to say anything is frankly far weirder than me. All this sexualising of breasts stuff is bizarre - their primary function is to feed babies, otherwise they'd be made of something other than mammary tissue. Stupid.

i saw something on a news program about this tribe who live in Africa and all the ladies where walking around with there boobs out even going into the city and shops they of course got the piss taken out of them
they were also feeding there little ones i just thought to myself good on them

It's so normalised over there. No one bats an eyelid.

It's so normalised over there. No one bats an eyelid.

My friend is from Ghana and she said she received the worst attitudes over there from the village people telling her to wean when bub was 2 so she could have time to herself!

I'm sorry, that's really sad you had to go through that. That very reason is why I always felt weird feeding my 2 year old in public. I wish I hadn't felt that way but I did. :(

Good for you for making it this far though :)

I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm feeding my 18 month old still and when out and about am almost sure I get the odd weird look now and she is still only a wee dot !!! I want her to self wean and am in this foe the long haul no matter when that is . I hate the fact I'm starting to second guess myself re feeding her in public , I know the issue is wit those who choose to stare ... Look away !!! But the older she gets the more I feel maybe I should go to the changing rooms . I hate that we are made feel this . It's crazy !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->