Breastfeeding and diet!!

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all.
My daughter is now nearly 2 weeks old, on the 91st centile and piling on the weight!!
I've never been the sort of pregnant woman that eats and eats. Indigestion and squished stomach have always meant I've not been able to eat much but as soon as baby is out and I'm bresstfeeding I'm like the Cookie Monster!! I can't stop eating and a lot of it is cake and biscuits. I'm just sooo hungry!! I don't want to diet at the moment but I don't want to keep filling myself with rubbish either :(
Anyone else have this problem??
What do you eat when you're Breastfeeding that fills you up but isn't full of rubbish??

Thanks all xxx

Oh god at only 2 weeks in don't bother yourself with that!! I honestly just ate everything I wanted at all times of the day for the first 6 weeks pp haha! And I didn't exactly go on a strict diet then :haha: Those first few weeks I was eating everything in sight, nothing could fill me up! You need the sustenance ;)

I don't really have any advice as I'm exactly the same! Can't eat whilst pregnant as I feel too full but then like an animal afterwards whilst feeding! Lol. Tbh I'm just now starting to eat healthily as I've discovered BFing isn't making the weight just drop off like it did last time and I've still got 7lb to lose. However I'm 4 months in- you're 2 weeks!! Your exhausted and still recovering and baby is feeding like a demon so just enjoy it!! It's the best excuse you'll ever have :)

I'm the same! Ravenous and eating rubbish! I keep telling myself that once it's finished it's not being replaced so I may as well enjoy it!
Once I go back to gym at 6 weeks I will also start eating more healthily. Or at least try to!

Like others said, don't start stressing about it yet!

Definitely don't stress about it just yet! I never thought I could get any more hungry after having a baby as I did when I was pregnant, but I was so wrong! I was just like you and every one else said, and was completely ravenous. I couldn't even go back to bed after a late night feeding without getting something to eat, because I was so hungry all the time.

I didn't worry too much about it, and about 4 weeks postpartum I started replacing the rubbish I was eating, especially in the middle of the night, with fruit. And, then just ate more filling food during the day. Oatmeal for breakfast, which was doubly good, because it's good for milk production. I would eat yogurt with chia seeds added, which sort of acts like little balloons and expand in your tummy. Eat plenty of nuts, just a handful here or there, and drink PLENTY of water.

Hopefully you're a lucky one that drops weight while breastfeeding no matter what you're eating! Unfortunately for me, I am not one of those lucky ones!

I ate like crap when my LO was young and breastfeeding a lot and I still lost weight. Drink lots of water, it helps with milk production as well as curbing your hunger a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->