Breastfeeding and fertility

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Baby is 6 months old, I still breastfeed but since maybe a week ago started to introduce solid foods. He's still feeding from me pretty much the same.
I had some really strong pains to one side which felt the same as ovulation pain, perhaps stronger than they were, so I did an OPK which was almost positive, like I just missed the peak of the surge by a couple of hours.
We dtd a lot over the last few days without protection because I'm breastfeeding... Is it likely I did ovulate even though I'm still feeding or is it more likely my body is just trying to ovulate but failing? Impossible to tell I know but I'm wondering how common it is to be fertile at this point I guess

It is possible after 6 months. Also is baby sleeping through the night? If he is then there is more of a chance that you have ovulated.

It is possible after 6 months. Also is baby sleeping through the night? If he is then there is more of a chance that you have ovulated.

He isn't sleeping through quite yet. He feeds about 6pm, 8pm, 9pm, 1:30-2am, 5-6am onwards

Since you haven’t had your period yet there is only a slight chance that you’ve fallen pregnant. Also you may have released an egg and it may have been fertilised but your lining might not be ready for implantation since there has been no period.

I found a website that might help
Breastfeeding and Fertility • KellyMom.com

Thanks, that’s helpful :)
The only thing that’s abruptly changed has been duration per feed, which isn’t something I thought about until reading that

Hey there!
I'm also still breastfeeding my LO. He's been eating solid since he was 5 months, and he breastfeeds 4 times a day now (has been going 12 hours at night without feeding since he was 2 months old). I've been testing for like 3 months now, and I get near positive every day since on my OPKs.

You could have ovulated and missed it, or maybe you are stuck like me with your body TRYING but not quite getting there yet!

I have read a lot that an average is 20 weeks while breastfeeding before being fertile again, but then again, I also saw a lot of 12-18 month as well (even in those who had stopped breastfeeding at 6-12months). I could suggest another OPK? If you see they fade, maybe you did, or if they stay the same, you might just be near ovulation, your body trying to do it!

Hey there!
I'm also still breastfeeding my LO. He's been eating solid since he was 5 months, and he breastfeeds 4 times a day now (has been going 12 hours at night without feeding since he was 2 months old). I've been testing for like 3 months now, and I get near positive every day since on my OPKs.

You could have ovulated and missed it, or maybe you are stuck like me with your body TRYING but not quite getting there yet!

I have read a lot that an average is 20 weeks while breastfeeding before being fertile again, but then again, I also saw a lot of 12-18 month as well (even in those who had stopped breastfeeding at 6-12months). I could suggest another OPK? If you see they fade, maybe you did, or if they stay the same, you might just be near ovulation, your body trying to do it!

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I have tested before but they were almost completely blank, but after this almost positive I tested the following day (it was nighttime when I would usually get a positive) and they faded to almost nothing! That’s why I wondered if I had just missed the surge at its most

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->