breastfeeding and major sugar cravings...anyone else

fashionlover

Reaction score
Ok, I have accepted the fact that I am going to eat like a horse while breastfeeding, but can someone please explain the insatiable cravings for sugar??? I have always been a sugar addict, but now the cravings are next level...:dohh:

Breastfeeding does make you hungry but if I am tired, i tend to eat more sugar to keep mt energy up (especially when I refuse to go to bed....I eat sugar to keep me up)

My HV said to be conscious of this as it is a symptom of Iron deficiency, perhaps wise to get checked and take a supplement if your not already x

I craved sugar when i first started bf for about 3 months. My HV said this was my body saying i needed more energy but not sure how true this is.

Yes! I spend night feeds drinking blackcurrant/cherry lucozade. Insatiable craving!

For the first few weeks I was eating sweets and biscuits by the bucket load! I don't really have a sweet tooth normally either! It is calming down now though - more thirsty than hungry the last few days! My iron levels were really low though so that could be connected...x

Yes, I had this too, but it did subside around 3 to 4 months.

I just started craving sugar and I've been breastfeeding a little over 3 months.

It was maddening at first: DARK CHOCOLATE, YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMmmm
and anything else with sugar in it other than sodas :blush:

It did subside thankfully :winkwink: I think it was a lack of sleep thing + body needed the calories for feeding baby and being awake all the time.

It is funny that I could not tolerate sweets my whole pregnancy and now I crave it non-stop. I usually do not eat much sugar, but I am going through cookies like crazy/

I used to eat lots of cookies towards the beginning of my breastfeeding journey! And lots of everything, really!

I'm usually not a sweets person but I have been craving sweets like crazy! I want chocolate cupcakes right now:)

Yup! That's me! I already have a very sweet tooth but since breastfeeding all I want is sugary foods! I get really upset if there are no treats in the kitchen - like now all I have are marshmallows and I want to try and get through the evening with just those and perhaps a hot choc, but normally I would also have a bit of cake and a slab of chocolate too.

It's just as well that with the baby it's not so easy just to nip to the shops otherwise I would be the size of house right now! :haha: dread to think what my dentist is going to say to me when I visit him for the first time in a year :dohh:

I am very glad this was posted! I am currently sat eating a wonka millionaires shortbread chocolate bar and I am not that fussed on it but I keep craving more.
I wanted to loose weight but I never will at this rate lol.

I am glad it should go in the next few months x

I hid the last tin of dog food so hubby had to go to the shops....so 8 could be like 'oh pick me up some chocolate' with out sounding like a greedy cow. Honestly cant get enough of the stuff.

As I sit here with a pint of mango sorbet, I don't feel so bad in the company of my fellow sugar lovers! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->