Breastfeeding and Menstrual Cycles

Momto4monkeys

Reaction score
When my baby was just over 3 months old my cycle returned. That was in February. I also had a period in March and April and they arrived right on time.
I am exclusively breastfeeding, and we have started solids as well. I am breastfeeding every 2 hours, which is an increase from when she was younger. I started her on some rice cereal when she was about 5 months because she wanted to eat all the time.(Dr approved) Now that she's 6 months I am still breastfeeding her every 2 hours, plus adding more solids.
In any case...my period has not arrived for this month yet and I am feeling a bit panicked. (Only 1-2 days late)
I'm not sure if this is normal for a cycle to fluctuate due to breastfeeding, or maybe it's normal due to the increase in nursing her.
Has anyone had any experience with this? Any stories?

I havnt had any experience personaly but my cousin breastfed her little girl for 12 months and she didnt have a period for 10 months, so im guessing it can be normal, if u are still worried take a test to put ur mind at ease hun and give your health visitor a call xx

My last period was before DD was conceived so I can't help you there

Mine have been pretty irregular since it returned. I had 6 weeks between the first and second period where usually I'm 28 days to the dot. Still waiting for my 3rd but I'd say it's totally normal :)

Mine is still fluctuating and my LO is 2 and I've had my cycle back for almost a year. The past couple of months I've been getting it a few days earlier than expected, but this month I'm 2 days late. :dohh:

It's annoying but I'm sure it's normal.

Even though I EBFed DS1 until introducing solids via BLW at 6 months and continued BFing until he was 17 months, my period came back consistently at 6 weeks. I called my mom, and she had that with one of the four of us. It may not always come back consistently due to hormones; every person /recovery is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->