• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding Baby Number 2 Easier?

Mimzy3

Reaction score
With my son we had latch issues due to him being tongue tied which we didn't find out and get resolved till around 8 weeks. He lost a lot of weight would latch for 5-10 mins then fall asleep. I would have to try and keep him awake long enough to get a full feeding but it never worked. My nippled cracked bleed and I got mastitis. I ended up Exclusively pumping till he was 14 months old! Never had to supplement with formula but BOY was pumping exclusively so exhausting, physically and mentally. I really don't think I can do it again with baby number 2. especially having a two year old running around. :wacko:

I'm determined to get this one to latch and if he's tongue tied to get him clipped right away. But I'm more worried about breastfeeding than giving birth (all natural again) I even have nightmares about the new baby not latching:dohh: Please tell me its easier the second time around:blush:

For me it was. I was unable to bf my first past the first week due to fast let down. He would choke, pull off, and eventually refuse to go back on. So I pumped like you.

I was so worried with my second the same would happen. It did (sort of) but unlike her brother she choked pulled off and went back on! Different baby reacted differently!

Good luck

For me it was. I was unable to bf my first past the first week due to fast let down. He would choke, pull off, and eventually refuse to go back on. So I pumped like you.

I was so worried with my second the same would happen. It did (sort of) but unlike her brother she choked pulled off and went back on! Different baby reacted differently!

Good luck

That is a relief! Thanks for sharing your experience. :flower:

I found number 2 so much easier! My first took two months to be fully happy with feeding. With my daughter I was at ease with it by 3 weeks x

Great news ladies I pray mine goes the same!

My first had a tongue tie too, they weren't able to clip it right away so we had a lot of issues with breastfeeding and I found it REALLY hard despite persevering for an extended amount of time (we were triumphant in the end and he nursed for 20 months).

The second time was MUCH easier for me. In fact, DS2 and I had nursing down the day he was born and it was easier from there on out until he reached 4 months and was suddenly distracted by everything, all the time! So have faith, you know what to do and that is a huge plus!

Second time was definitely easier (but still hard work!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->