breastfeeding books

kaye

Reaction score
Hi

Any recommendations for a good breastfeeding book?

Thanks in advance

😆

I'm sorry I don't know of any. Can u ask your doctor? They might refer u to a lactation person who can probably tell you some good ones

Yes will ask midwife. I've never breastfed before and I'm quite nervous about it.
Thanks for your reply x

This might sound odd but check out YouTube. There are a bunch of very nice, very informative videos on the correct and incorrect way to BF.

I love some of the breastfeeding groups on fb
So useful when the going gets tough, the only thing to remember is alot of folk do tend to use it in the hard times. Midwifes can be a fantastic help as well as breastfeeding cafes, sounds weird but I'm yet to find a baby whose read the books :).

There is an Ina May book- guide to breastfeeding. I didn't read it all though as I went to a community breastfeeding class that I thought was more helpful!

I must agree with others, I didn't read any books and I BF DD for 10 months (I only intended on 4 months). Can you do NCT classes? They have a very helpful session just on breastfeeding. Also, do you know anyone who has successfully breastfed in the past? I had one of my best friends who was a star, and had a very frank chat with me about what to expect, and was a great support in those early difficult days.
The BF forum on here is also very helpful for support xx

I'm in the UK and had one breastfeeding class. That was enough to know all I needed to know- it's all down to practise with a bit help to get started from a midwife. I went to a breastfeeding support group which was nice to get tips and reassure me that things were going well. I honestly don't think a book in addition to that would have helped me.

I would recommend The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by Le Leche League International. I was given it when training to be a breastfeeding peer supporter. It answers any questions you might have and is invaluable if you do come up against any obstacles. I agree with others though that attending breastfeeding groups is also very helpful x

Sorry not quite in the third but didn't want to read and run. Someone gave me a copy of Breastfeeding For Dummies which is simple and informative.

I am reading one called "So That's What They're For" that is ok, but a little heavy-handed. She basically calls people jerks if they use formula. As far as actual techniques for feeding, positioning, and caring for your breasts, it's good.

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

I have booked into a breastfeeding class at the hospital on 10th September. It's a 2 hour session so hoping it helps me a lot xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->