Breastfeeding & bottles

chelsnblake

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've been trying to bottle train my 17 week old just in case I'm ever not around, he can have a bottle of my milk.
We've tried Tommee Tippee and Playtex VentAire bottles but he makes slurping/sucking sounds while eating from both bottles. It's like he doesn't have a good latch. He eats the whole bottle but ends up having big burps.
Does this mean I should be trying a different bottle??
Thank you!

I don't really know what the noises mean, but the only bottle my BF baby would even attempt to take from are the NUK ones, he couldn't latch on to the others.

Not that he especially wanted to either tbh, he was willing to wait for boob.:haha: But I had a period where I couldn't feed him when I was in hospital and he took to the NUK only while I was away.

Is it possible the flow is too fast and he's drinking to quickly? Not necessarily that it's not a good bottle?

If it's only in case you're not around, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Wind isn't a huge issue as long as he's able to bring it up and it doesn't seem to cause pain, and that gets easier as they get older.

My son will not drink from a bottle. He actually gets quite distressed and frustrated when anyone tries. Because he is now 6months so I have started giving him milk and water in a AVENT trainer cup and he is quite happy to drink from that.
If there is no actual need for him to have a bottle at the moment, I wouldn't worry too much and when he gets a little older, try a cup instead x

Is it possible the flow is too fast and he's drinking to quickly? Not necessarily that it's not a good bottle?

I use slow flow nipples, I don't want him to get used to not working for the milk so slow flow nipples it is! There's no milk spilling out the sides of his mouth so it shouldn't be too fast for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->