Breastfeeding Doll on sale...

I can definitely understand why people would think it's weird, because it is by its nature a very unusual take on a toy! But those baby dolls that can be fed and then ''pee'' out water, necessitating a diaper change or whatnot, fall into the same category for me, ie general babycare issues.

I don't see how a breastfeeding baby would send out the ''wrong message to girls'' though, seeing's how breastfeeding is such a natural event that feeds the baby, just like bottle feeding does. I just think the toy is so very uncommon and unexpected, it has that shock value to it. But some people are shocked to see an adult woman actually breastfeeding a baby in public, so I suppose it's down to the individual and what their perspective is on it. That's a whole nother subject though! Lol

I think dolls like this and the ones that pee takes some of the imagination out of playing. My dolls were just dolls! But they did everything I wanted them to because of the role playing in your head. I had a kitchen set as well, it's copying what your parents do as at a young age you aspire to be mummy because that's the thing you know best? And then I went through stages of wanting to be all sorts of other things!

I don't know, I never went through a stage as a teenager of really wanting a baby. It's something that came as I got older but I knew girls at school who did.

But back to the doll, if girls want to "play" at breastfeeding their dolls they'll do it whether the doll has a special attachment or not.

Jo

Very true! I do think sometimes toy makers get too specific with the purpose of their toys and try to fill in the imagination FOR the kids. My son, for instance, preferred the boxes toys came in rather than the toys themselves when he was younger, particularly if it was a box he could get into. That and hangers were his big obsession for a long time, and I could see that it was his imagination at play and not just pushing a button on a toy that made a sound or whatnot. I hate toys that makes sounds and avoid them like the plague, lol

I'm not sure how I feel about this.. I think if kids want to BF their toys they will do it without the bra thing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->