Breastfeeding for 7 months.is it causing my illness?

Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
My LO is 7 months old.
When she was around 1-2 weeks old ( you know how the first few weeks merge into one? i cant remember exactly when ) well i got awful stomach pains when feeding her but thinking they were normal didnt take it to the dr.
Since then for the last 7 months my condition has worsened. Constant stomach pains, empty feeling, extreme unbearable nausea, dizziness, acid reflux, losing weight etc etc. I have just had 4 referrals to hospital consultants for nxt month with them thinking I have gastritis, after an endoscopy.

But ive been thinking...Could it all be breastfeeding? Hormones etc and whatever that awful pain was in the first week?
It was so bad I couldnt stand up straight for 3 days. I look back and wished id gone to the dr but didnt thinking it was those feeding pains you first get.

Anyone else felt physically ill from BF for months? The nausea is just unbearable now and i have emetophobia which makes it 100 times worse

Any help would be much appreciated
xxx

Gosh that sounds terrible :( poor you. I hope it gets sorted out for you. I cant advise sadly I was unable to breast feed :(

Also no advice asi only BF for a few weeks.. but i hope they sort something so u feel much better xx

I have read somewhere that some women can feel sick and get headaches from breast feeding, and yes it is to do with hormones, so maybe your right hun. Maybe also get your dr to check for urine infections as this could explain if your tummy feels funny when bf and the nausea. But I would have thought it may have got worse in 7 months to the point where you would be very ill.

Thats such a shame poor you :( My younger sis had really bad stomach pains for almost 2months when she started bf'ing and went to the docs a few times. They finally diagnosed a urinary tract infection and gave her medication. She was able to continue bf'ing and 6months later, she still is but she seems to get run down and catches infections easily I think for some people bf'ing can be very trying on the body which is why you need to ensure that you eat/drink well. I hope the hospital docs figure out whats wrong soon hun, big hugs x

get mastitis often while i breastfeed, but i have never had tummy aches/cramps.
go to your gp hun. xxx sorry i cant be much more help then that xxx

No advice I'm afraid - in the first month or so I got some fairly strong uterine contractions as is normal, but they shouldn't persist and I doubt they should hurt as much as it sounds like you are experiencing. I hope they can clear it up for you soon x

they havent checked my urine!!!! about the only thing they havent haha

i had anemia for a bit and i have low folate levels too
im still sore inside too and seeing a gynae next month as sex is impossible

tbh girls i feel like my whole body needs taking apart and putting back together again im so miserable

i was on the cancer list before i had the endoscopy as ive dropped to 7 stone for no reason as i eat like a horse!

ive felt like im dying a slow death i hope they can find something soon!

Sounds awful...i really hope you feel better very soon. xxx

Aw hun, anaemia would make you feel poorly though hun. I think you need to go back to the gp and get them to take swaps and check urine, oh and bloods for white blood cells. Good luck hun.

I don't have any advice but it sounds terrible! I hope it turns out to be nothing serious, keep us updated! :hugs:

I realise this was an old post, but I'm having a really similar problem :( I've been to the doctors and had blood tests and been cleared for uti. I just wondered, did they find out what was causing it? I have noticed it gets worst after I've breastfed him in the late night and early morning, but that's all I've gathered :( it does seem like it's getting worse...
I eat well, I drink lots and I do exercise as well. I'm generally healthy and before pregnancy I never really got ill. Please help? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->