breastfeeding in public

lorna.see

Reaction score
Hi!
i know its early but im preg with number 1 and already worrying about feeding in public.
anyone get over their fears easily?

tia x

I thought I would be more embarrassed than I am actually. I just focus on my baby's needs and if he needs to eat then that's what I'll do to make him stop crying. I also try not to look around me, but just focus on my baby.
Having a cover that allowed me to look down and see baby really helped my confidence and my self conscience.

I was never bothered I always just did it although you could practice in front of the mirror so you can see it's pretty discreet.
Xx

I've only done it with a cover, but it's not bad at all with one. Once we have that down, I'll practice feeding him without one while keeping myself covered.

I would try to start asap, even if it's just sitting on your porch in the beginning. I lost all modesty in the hospital, and I wish I'd gotten into the habit of nursing in public before it slowly started coming back.

I avoided going out for long periods when my dd was born so I would be back home to feed her as I didn't feel like I could be comfortable feeding her in public. When she was just under a week old, my mum came with us to look at a car, my partner was giving the details and dd needed feeding so mum came to the car with me so I could feed her. We all went out for a meal the day before mothers day and I was all prepared to feed her and she didnt wake once. The next morning in church I had to feed her.
She's 3 months and I'm still not totally comfortable feeding in public but it is getting easier.

You can but like a big cover sort of thing for your newborn it goes around your back or neck?? Like a sling. Sorry it not making sense lol. I never used one I just didn't go out in public very often at first but the times when I did I didn't mind at all infact I felt pretty good my boobs looked awesome in the early days:thumbup:I woykd just use a Muslin while my baby got latched and then I would stuff it straight back in my bag and proudly display my goods hehe. I think it was around 7/8 month my LO started to feed less often and settle in to a routine- so I would just feed her and go out straight after so then I would be good for 3 hours not that I minded feefing her out but it for times sake was just easier to do it that way. She is 10 months now and only feeds morning and night (her choice) now eating solids in public is my real problem!

I was quite self conscious with my first but I don't even think about it this time around. I do have a cover but tbh I never use it as she hates it and I can't be bothered with the faff. I dont just Wack my boob out but I always wear a nursing vest under my tops so I can lift my top and pop her on discretely.

I wear camis under shirts/other tank tops. Pull the upper one up, unhook the nursing bra, pull the cami down just enough to get your nipple out and baby's head blocks everything.

It's really not a big thing, get a cover if you think that would make you feel more comfortable and then just don't look around, chances are no one is looking anyways! Look at your baby or check your phone, after a few times it will be way easier :)

I've only ever nursed with a cover on when I was outside of my home. I personally feel more comfortable that way. I'm terrified of someone trying to sexualize what I'm doing, even though it's so far from it!

It was scary at first, but the more you do it the easier it becomes. No one has ever said anything to me, and I've nursed him all over. In restaurants, waking through the grocery store, the bank, church, etc.

I'm normally very shy about those things, but we had such a rough start with breastfeeding and I saw so many consultants that now I really don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->