Breastfeeding mommy's wanting to TTC but still don't have a cycle

KjConard

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope this new thread brings together other moms out there in my same boat. My daughter is 14 months and we are ready to have another baby but my fertility hasn't returned yet. She isn't ready to completely wean yet so we have started trying to night wean to see of that jump starts my body. Anyone else breastfeeding and wanting to TTC again?

Me me me!! :) my son just turned 1 and just like you no visit from AF yet! I never thought I would want her back so badly!! I am praying that I ovulate before her arrival and I happen to catch the eggy and soon!!

Oh, I am so glad I am not alone! It sucks! I am hoping I ovulate beforehand as well and catch the egg! :). I've never wanted her back so bad and stress about it often! Are you still nursing and co sleeping with your son? I know if I stop nursing my DD then I will get it back, but I know she is t ready yet as she still loves nursing, especially overnight.

I'm not a mom but I'm trying for my 1st. I saw your post and wanted to let you know that it is very possible and common that women get pregnant while still nursing. Working in an obgyn office I can say that we have numerous patients calling 6 months after delivery coming in to confirm yet another pregnancy. Though you shouldn't have a cycle while nursing it can be tricky because you may not be sure about the timing.... So that's where random love making comes in to play...lots and lots and lots of it haha!

Oh, I am so glad I am not alone! It sucks! I am hoping I ovulate beforehand as well and catch the egg! :). I've never wanted her back so bad and stress about it often! Are you still nursing and co sleeping with your son? I know if I stop nursing my DD then I will get it back, but I know she is t ready yet as she still loves nursing, especially overnight.

I nurse him several times a day and nurse at night at least once. We stopped co sleeping last month because he would nurse all night and my back would hurt terribly in the morning. I am not willing to quit nursing either. I took an evening primrose oil pill one day but got scared to keep taking them. (I read they help to get your cycle back) are you using OPK's or anything?

I decided to start an iron supplement in January called floradix and after about three days I decided it wasn't for me. I couldn't stand the taste and just felt weird trying to bring my cycle back with an iron supplement. So I stopped. How did you get your son to sleep in his crib and stop nursing overnight? My daughter will awake ten to twenty times a night to nurse, either for a few minutes or a full on nurse. We really want to get her to sleep through the night and in her crib but she is so stubborn that I am dreading letting her cry it out in her crib. At the same time I want another baby so it is so confusing on what to do!

I am trying to do as much attachment parenting as possible while caring for myself as well. It was hard and took a couple weeks but I feed him at night and get him slightly tired to full on comatosed then I walk away and go into a separate room while my husband rocks him to sleep. He does carry on a bit but way better him crying in my husbands arms than in a room alone. So after he falls asleep my husband puts him in his room and when he wakes up I feed him and then have my husband carry him back to his crib. If he can see or smell me he will not go down easily. It is so nice have "alone time" with my husband again! I really felt like we were quickly becoming more like roommates having a baby with us all night.

I totally can relate. We feel like roommates right now. It is always me and the baby and we would love some alone time before I get pregnant again. I would love to get pregnant again in May or June. We have my aunt's, dad's nieces and sister in laws birthday, not to mention a couple friend's babies birthdays, all within a week of each other in Dec, then Christmas, then Cameryn's birthday in Jan, the. valentines day and my birthday in Feb so I would love to have a March baby or even a Feb birthday so I really want to get my cycle back and conceive I thought I was having my first symptoms since getting pregnant about a week ago, so being the poasa I am I took a pregnancy test today and to no surprise it was a negative. I hope I am not just making up symptoms in my head! Hopefully soon good old AF will return! I want another baby!

Omg! I was wondering why it had been so long since I had got an update from this post... For some reason I had unsubscribed and just searched for it again! It's really nice having someone to talk to that is in the same place as me! Anyways! I really hope you start getting alone time soon!! You guy really deserve it!!

ASM- I really would have preferred a November or earlier baby. I have 2 feb babies and 1 march baby. I DTD today and had a small amount of blood when I wiped so I thought for sure AF finally came but nope that little bit of blood was it... Praying it was ovulation bleeding but that's doubtful. How are you doing?!

Hi guys I hope you don't mind if I join you, brookettc3 I know you from the april 2012 babies:) my son was born on 12/4/12. I also want my cycle to be back and I'm still breasteeding my son. He's weaned when it comes to day feed but I still feed him at night as it's the only soother he'll take.
I have been monitoring cm and used opk and I did have a positive opk (smilie)a few days ago and bdd accordingly so I really hope the egg was released and that I managed to catch it. I always wanted 3 children and would want them to be close in age.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Of course you can join. I wish I had a positive opk! It is driving me crazy and really stressing me out! I want to start TTC right now. I just don't know how to wean my baby or get her to stop co sleeping and to sleep in her crib. I know I just need to be strong and get the job done, but it is so hard since I know she loves bfing so much. I feel like I am trying to stop nursing her just because I want another and then I have guilt.how did you wean your little ones over night? Any help would be great! Who knew breast feeding could make you not be able to get pregnant again!

Shareema- aw yay a fellow April baby club TTC'er! I am so glad there are others going through the same things!!! Breast feeding and TTC is so hard!!! I get positive OPK's all the time So who knows when I will actually ovulate.

KjConrad- my son started waking up more to eat at night but we still put him in his crib after he falls asleep in our arms. He actually sleeps wayyyyy better in his own crib than our bed nowadays :)

AFM- I am on hold with TTC until end of August.

Hey ladies, this is me! My LO is almost four months old now, fully breastfed (although started solids this week), and I'm desperate to have another baby. My first two were 13 months apart, and I really liked that age gap.

I am opening up a new business next month (May) and going to Vegas this upcoming weekend. So my new plan to TTC is probably in July but I would love it to be earlier maybe in June. I figure if my husband and I finally just suck it up and get the baby in her crib, I should hopefully get af back by the end of May if not in June, then it's go time! If all goes according to plan! We've been trying to get her out of our bed since she turned one in January! I think right when we get back we'll just do it. I know she wakes up to eat since I am laying right next to her. Also with opening up a new business I know I'll be overly stressed and don't want to be stressing about TTC as well! I still can't believe it has been two years since I have had af! I really really want her back!

Brooke- You are getting positive OPKs? That is a great sign! August is just around the corner! Have you had af yet?

Kjconrad- congrats on the new business!!! Can I ask what kind? I agree with you on the whole baby in crib return of AF thought. I stopped using OPK's and temping as often... Just going to wait until july to start temping and using OPK's then Start TTC in August :) no AF for me either!

Sure, I am opening an online baby and kids accessory and apparel boutique! I still have about half of the products to upload. The website is https:// chicpipsqueak.com. I think it will be ready to launch around Mother's Day! I love being a stay at home mommy and somehow I got an idea and it just grew into a fun new business!
I think we are going to put our daughter in her crib sometime this week. We really want our kids to be around two years apart and need to get going on things. I still love sleeping with her at night. I just want af back! I am trying to will my body into getting it back, but it isn't working so far!

I'm in the same boat! DS is a year old and I'm TTC again. I thought I had AF March 3rd...but nothing since then:( I'm still nursing my son..he just started daycare this week, and I go back to work in a month, so I figure AF will return sometime soon.

I think I got AF in March because my son was STTN and I wasn't BFing as much..he then got sick and was BFing around the clock (so I think this stopped my ovulation).

I really have the baby bug - even looking at my hospital card makes me want another one!

Ahh! I so want another too! It. Sucks because my dd is obsessed with nursing all of a sudden. We were in Vegas last week and she only really nursed at night and then we got home and she wants to nurse around the clock. I think it has to do with teething and I give her "milk" anytime she asks ( she puts her fist to her outs to sign for milk) and I just wish she was ready to wean. We really don't want our kids much further apart then two years. I got pregnant two years ago May 21st, so I am getting so antsy. I think this week we are going to stop co sleeping. I figure we need to end it at some point we can't avoid it and dd will be upset. She loves loves loves babies so I keep telling myself it is for the good of our family to get her in her own crib. She also wakes me up 20 times a night so I think we will all benefit for her sleeping in her own room. Why is it so hard though?

So good news ladies I think I got AF! Which is good because I really didn't want to stop BFing to bring her back! My LO has been sleeping really good the past three night, last night she slept 7 hours before waking up, and we are still co sleeping! That never happens! I was not expecting to get AF back yet, and I hope she sticks around! I have a bad case of the baby bug and am already plotting another pregnancy! I can't wait to start testing for ovulation in a few weeks!

Heyyyy I have great news also!!! I got AF today!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->