Breastfeeding pictures on Facebook breaching T&C?

IMO a breast is a breast, no matter what it's doing. I never felt the need to post or share a BF picture with anybody, but that's just me. Why do people feel the need to share them?

OP, when I saw the title of the post, I thought you'd be saying the opposite. But I was glad to see your point. I see nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public. If facebook is flaggging it, that's frickin ridiculous.

It is a bit odd that people are reporting those as offensive, I don't personally like looking at photos of it but it's a natural thing and I don't find it offensive, I definitely don't think it can be compared to people dressed half naked and doing all sorts of crude things on camera.

Sorry...one more thing. LOL. You hit it right on the nose. There's a difference between feeling awkward about seeing someone else's breast and being offended. I don't necessarily want to see other women's breasts but I've never been like "eww...get that away from me". Rather, I'm like..."aww..look at that baby flicking you off" (thank you gyspy dancer). If you're awkward then click away from the photo. If you're offended, get off Facebook.

FB disgust me with the breastfeeding photo reporting. I'm on MANY breastfeeding pages, and very often they get banned, yes BANNED from facebook for weeks. It's a shame, I wish I had enough confidence to post mine, I think it's so beautiful and wished my son was still nursing, but 9 months is better than nothing. :)

I am totally baffled as to why anyone would report it. Click away or unfriend :shrug:

I find it strange how something so natural as breastfeeding gets banned on facebook though dead baby jokes and other related stuff stays. Facebook is a f*cking joke, the people that work there must be a bunch of tossers. I'd much rather see a photo of a woman breastfeeding her baby than seeing some skank with her saggy fake tits hanging out - that is offensive and degrading to women. Breastfeeding however, is not. Facebook staff need a reality check.

I have a photo of me breastfeeding on Facebook. Shhhhhhhh!!!!

I've seen it, its lovely <3 I think I pressed like on it.

I think that one of your friends have to report the photo to get it taken away, i would be so sad if one of my friends did that i would prefere them to unfriend me.

this photo is on my facebook page, the reason i have it there is because i take photos of my lo all the time, i post a daily pic of him. he feeds for hours everyday so why not document it, if he had a bottle i would take and share photos of him feeding.

Attachments

• 416.jpg
    416.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
Kala, I love that picture.

The pictures of me breastfeeding Ginny are some of my favorites.

https://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579170_345130238916887_863090438_n.jpg

That's on my Facebook. I don't think it's offensive lol

Awww love bf pics, I never took enough.
Most people I know have pics of baby with bottle or dummy so..........
Bring on the bf photos!
X

IMO a breast is a breast, no matter what it's doing. I never felt the need to post or share a BF picture with anybody, but that's just me. Why do people feel the need to share them?

People post all sorts of photos on Facebook where you could ask the same question tbh, what they had for dinner, a new sofa, what colour socks they're wearing that day etc, it's called freedom of choice. We're all different and if someone wants to share a photo of their baby being breastfed then they should be able to without getting chastised for it. It's just the same as sharing a photo of their baby being bottle fed and I've never heard of those photos being reported and removed:wacko:

I think it's ridiculous that photos of half or even fully naked women are fine but a photo of a women breastfeeding her baby is not. If people are offended by someone feeding their baby then it's them that has the problem. There shouldn't be anything offensive about a baby eating from where nature intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->