Breastfeeding & possibly pregnant?

PregE

Reaction score
Gosh so I have a 2 month old baby and am breastfeeding..

Me and my partner about a week ago finally had sex for the first time after having my first baby. We didn't use protection as I thought breastfeeding along with only once would be very unlikely to get pregnant..

I have had light period cramps the last few days the same as when I got pregnant with my first .. Now am wondering if I am pregnant again..

I've been on google and since realised how silly my presumption of breastfeeding being a contraception in my case as she can sleep over 6 hours and I occasionally give her formula which means I don't feed her for like 10 hours .. But my period hasn't returned yet

What do you guys think the chances are? I'm not worried if I am but not knowing is a very weird thought now that i kinda know what to expect from pregnancy..

Good day, I actually had the same question.from what I have read there are certain guide lines. they say that there should not be any gap in feeding. I have been breast feeding my daughter for a full year now with only one day I couldn't not due to sickness.wouldn't you know it I am two weeks late lol . Also they say breastfeeding stops your period which has never been my experience. So not sure about it being a good means of not getting pregnant. I would love to know more about what happens for you. I am waiting as of now see its af shows up...

I'm in a very similar situation! Have an 8 week old and haven't been using protection. Had some light cramps too. Who knows how they'd date a pregnancy of I was pregnant as no period yet! X

Found some info. Hope it helps.
Effectiveness is an important and common concern when choosing a birth control method. Like all birth control methods, breastfeeding is much more effective when you do it correctly
.•Less than 1 out of 100 women who practice continuous breastfeeding perfectly will become pregnant.•
About 2 out of 100 women who use continuous breastfeeding will become pregnant in the first six months if they*don't alwayspractice it correctly.Using breastfeeding as birth control can be effective for six months after delivery only if a woman•
does not substitute other foods for a breast milk meal
•feeds her baby at least every four hours during the day and every six hours at night
•has not had a period since she delivered her baby

It is possible. You're extra fertile just after giving birth and if you have big gaps you're less protected. My friend who tried for a long time with her first got pregnant with one oopsie and thought BF would protect her but her LO was having a bottle of formula for one feed.

I'm 10 weeks pp and pumping. Been dtd since 6 weeks pp, no protection. Had bloodtinged EWCM last nite and slight cramping. So I'm wondering if it's my period coming or if I'm pregnant again. We are in the same boat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->