Breastfeeding support worker/student midwife to be-new on here hoping to give advice

claire1983

Student midwife to be!
Reaction score
Hi guys I am a breastfeeding supporter and can answer most breastfeeding related questions and I am also going on to train as a midwife - hope I can help some of you out.

Hi

Please don't offer any advice from any professional point of view (pointing out your qualified etc) - I know from considering this kind of thing on BabyandBump thats its not acceptable (like a trained MWs should not offer their services/advice on public forums not knowing the individual).

But welcome to BabyandBump

:D

I think she just meant support to people struggling with breastfeeding, like if someone couldn't get their baby latched on or had other issues like sore nipples, or baby not putting on weight?

We all give advice from experience, and sounds like Claire has a lot of experience to base her advice on.

I know what you mean, though :)

I was more referring to the MW bit which is why I used that as an example but I am right that any 'proessionals' should not offer advice as a MW or alike other than personal opinion/experience :D

Welcome to BnB

I think she just meant support to people struggling with breastfeeding, like if someone couldn't get their baby latched on or had other issues like sore nipples, or baby not putting on weight?

We all give advice from experience, and sounds like Claire has a lot of experience to base her advice on.

I know what you mean, though :)

Personal advice is always welcome. It's more to do with previous problems on forums where professional advice has been given and then the forum and individual has been involved in law suits from a disgruntled member (I've even know of one person working for the NHS to be pulled up on it by her bosses). Unfortunately we don't have the same coverage as when advice is given as part of a scheme or company.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->