breastfeedingg??

I'm going to try it, but I am not too sure about it because everyone is putting me off about my breasts being destroyed, and God knows my breasts are destroyed already and I haven't even started leaking yet. :-'(
Also it's my birthday a month after I give birth and I want to be able to drink, and I can't do that if I'm breastfeeding.. so I'm abit 50/50 with what I want to do :shrugg:

I formula feed I planned to breastfeed and gave it a shot...

but it didn't work for us for many reasons that again, aren't important..

I'm a super super happy ff it suits us best and i enjoy it.. but i also am glad i gave breastfeeding a shot first...

she got colostrum the first few days and some (not all) breastmilk her first 2 weeks..

so i say you should give it a shot.. who knows you may like it.. if not than worst case you pick up some formula and lo will have had some important first day nutrients :p

I'm going to try it, but I am not too sure about it because everyone is putting me off about my breasts being destroyed, and God knows my breasts are destroyed already and I haven't even started leaking yet. :-'(
Also it's my birthday a month after I give birth and I want to be able to drink, and I can't do that if I'm breastfeeding.. so I'm abit 50/50 with what I want to do :shrugg:

girl... i'm sorry to tell you this but either way they're destroyed :cry:

how big they get when your preg and ESPECIALLY when you milk comes in is what does it :(((

i didn't leak when i was preg either...
i'd give it a try at least for a day or 2 i formula feed so i'm not about to lecture :haha: i love formula feeding it's best for us.. :flower:

I personally believe that at least giving your baby the colostrum is a good thing and every mother should do it, unless medical reasons don't permit it. Breast feeding gets better after the first 4-6 weeks, at first I didnt want to BF Hollie but I did and I loved it I was gutted when we had to stop, this time I'm going to try extra hard.

I think you owe it to you and your baby to try BFing and If you dont like it and switch you can know in your own mind that you try'd it!

Hi, its actually the pregnancy hormones that wreck your boobs, not the breastfeeding, so breastfeeding wont make any difference to that. If anything, it will make them bigger/perkier for a while! :haha:

Also, with regards to the drinking, we now know that alcohol is metabolised out of breastmilk at the same rate that it is out of your body. SO, as a rule of thumb, they advise "If you are safe to drive, then you are safe to breastfeed."

If you want to drink on your birthday, you can always express some and give it in a bottle anyway :) Honestly, I love breastfeeding :D but if you are not 100% on it, just try it and see? That way, baby will at least get the colostrum.

I loved breastfeeding.

I would give it a go. I felt a little weird about it towards the end of my pregnancy, but I tried it after she was born, and LOVED it! It was just such a great experience. I think that if you try it and don't like it, you can always switch to FF. But if you FF, you can't as easily switch to BFing. This way, you'll never wonder 'what if' or regret not trying, iykwim?

Good luck! :flower:

I started bfing on Tuesday. I won't lie, it is fricken hard but very rewarding. Give it ago, if you don't like it you can always express.

go to a le leche league meeting! seriously, I thought everyone at mine would be the sort of probreastfeeding people that are scary, the "I don't have time for you, you're a horrible person for not breastfeeding your baby" ones :haha: BUT it wasn't like that at all.. it was really helpful for me and one woman there whipped out a bottle and some formula after a BF and I tensed and was like "here we go...." looking round the room and nobody said a thing, or even changed their demeanour towards her. They were just all super nice, helpful and non-judgemental.

Ive heard lots of girls saying how hard breast feeding is especially the first few days and they told me if you are not positive you want to do it then dont because its such hard work and you will only stick at it if its 100% what you want to do. Im formula feeding my baby its ust what will work better for myself. That said the choice is totally yours and dont let you're boyfriend or anyone else make you feel guilty if you dont want to try it because its you that has to go through it noone else hun xxxx

I wouldnt even care if it did ruin my boobs though thats not even true. My boobs look better now actually, they where saggy before and now they full of milk. :) plumped them out while making healthy babies and lowing my chances of breastcancer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->