Breastflow manual pump

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
A while ago Argos had the breastflow manual breastpump which itself comes with two bottles (albeit without teat rings or teats) and it was bundled with a pack of three 9oz bottles for only £15, the three pack of 9pz bottles are usually £16.99 on their own. Argos seem to have stopped selling it for now but I have seen the pump set alone on eBay from time to time for about £14. I was a bit worried as while there are some great reviews of this pump others are scathing saying its impossible to fasten together properly, has poor suction, has too many parts and the assembly is too complex.

Well I have given it a quick go today though obviously not for too long as my hospital bags aren't packed and I don't want to be triggering off labour! It was very easy to put together, only has four parts including the bottle (though for more thorough cleaning the pump mechanism can be disassembled further) and the suction seemed to be perfect not too strong and not at all weak either. It is very easy to put together properly and to line up the little symbols which ensure correct assembly and level of suction, you do not need 'brute force' as some reviews have suggested either. It got colostrum starting to come out very quickly which is promising as I can barely squeeze it out most of the time. The only downside is the handle seems less comfy than my NUK manual. I think even if I don't end up using the breastflow bottles the pump itself is very handy. I think unfortunately just like the breastflow bottles the production of this pump may be being wound done so if you are looking for a cheap but effective manual and you can get hold of it for around the price mentioned it is a really good buy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->