Breastmilk Antibodies Help Neutralize HIV!

O

Ozzieshunni

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120522152653.htm

:happydance: New research shows that HIV positive mother CAN breastfeed! :)

Nothings 100% i dont think its a good idea just incase:-s

Research can be wrong though. its not something id take a chance with. Not that i have hiv! Its good though that theyre researching into it :-D x

Very very small sample group and limited study, I wouldn't hold much faith in it yet, a lot more research needs done first.

Based on that report, I still wouldn't say HIV mothers can breast feed. There was still 10% who passed the virus on through breast feeding. Too high % for my liking.

And as Eternal has said, it needs a LOT more research into it before a conclusion can be made.

Step in the right direction though! I don't think I'd BF with those odds, but I would buy a lottery ticket if I had a 90% chance of winning iykwim?

Funny how perspective works!

There's a ten percent chance our next child could have heart block too. It's a risk I would take. Plus, this really helps women in Africa that are HIV positive and where water isn't great for formula.

Definitely something each person has to assess and make their own conclusions on. :thumbup:

I guess the risk of drinking formula with contaminated water in places where HIV is more common like parts of Africa is worse than the risk associated with bm from an HIV positive Mom. In the developed world though, I think formula is absolutely the safer option.

I guess the risk of drinking formula with contaminated water in places where HIV is more common like parts of Africa is worse than the risk associated with bm from an HIV positive Mom. In the developed world though, I think formula is absolutely the safer option.

Plus added to the fact that many of those mothers wouldn't have access to formula and probably have no idea of their prognosis.

The shocking reality of a world were we can sit In our own homes, with all the comforts of life around us, I.e. running water,heat, electricity, sanitation , access to healthcare. And use the Internet, and there are still people who don't have access to clean water.

The shocking reality of a world were we can sit In our own homes, with all the comforts of life around us, I.e. running water,heat, electricity, sanitation , access to healthcare. And use the Internet, and there are still people who don't have access to clean water.

I felt that way when we went down to Mexico again this past September. When we went down for our honeymoon, we were in a very affluent part of Mexico and there was little to no poverty.

This time around we went to Cancun and Isla Murejes and I saw a level of poverty that I have never seen before, it was massive. It was SO hot, and there are these little babies running around in bare feet who live in these corrugated tin shacks. No running water, no electricity.

I felt about two inches tall, here I am complaining about my 2 story condo townhouse being "too small", with my air conditioning, clean water (that I still put through a Brita filter) new clothes, fancy jewellery.

Definitely puts things into perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->