Breathing patterns

ab2401

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any one knew when babies started to have more normal breathing patterns?

My little girl scares the crap out of me all the time she will be breathing and the slow if down till she stops and the after a few seconds she will start back up again on her own.

I took her to the ER one night and they checked her out and said it was normal that its just the way her brain stem works right now and many newborns do this and what it is, is that her brain is working on oxygen not carbon deoxcide and when she breaths fast she gets a lot of oxygen and then her brain says " OK! well I have done my job, and now lets not do nothing for a bit" until her oxygen levels starts to come down and then she will start breathing again. She only does it when shes sleeping... or in a really deep sleep.

I take it a little better now that they have told me its normal but I'm still not really comfortable with it so I'm hoping some time soon her breathing will regulate, I just don't know when.

our little boy does the same and his 3 1/2 months now i'd like to know when it stops 2 it is scary.

yeah for real... I bought a breathing monitor that after 20 seconds of the baby not breathing an alarm sounds..... luckly she always starts back up but I do feel a little better with it.

I was hoping some one would know when they might stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->