Breathing

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
My asthma is the worst it has ever been over the last few wks (and getting worse). I'm using my ventolin several times a day. I'm often wheezing. Under my ribs is sore. I know bubs has been kicking me under the ribs (as ive felt him and even whinced when he does it hard) but I have occasionally been feeling pain at the back of my ribcage as well. Has any one else felt pain at the back? Guess I get a bit worried in case it's not baby related. I know asthma can and does get worse in pregnancy. I guess I worry because I used to smoke(gave up before conceiving).

I've heard when 'baby drops' that rib pain and breathing is supposed to improve. When does the 'baby drop'? What exactly does that mean? My LO is head down (not engaged). Confused. Can anyone offer any advice or insight please? X

My asthma is the worst it has ever been over the last few wks (and getting worse). I'm using my ventolin several times a day. I'm often wheezing. Under my ribs is sore. I know bubs has been kicking me under the ribs (as ive felt him and even whinced when he does it hard) but I have occasionally been feeling pain at the back of my ribcage as well. Has any one else felt pain at the back? Guess I get a bit worried in case it's not baby related. I know asthma can and does get worse in pregnancy. I guess I worry because I used to smoke(gave up before conceiving).

I've heard when 'baby drops' that rib pain and breathing is supposed to improve. When does the 'baby drop'? What exactly does that mean? My LO is head down (not engaged). Confused. Can anyone offer any advice or insight please? X

Im asthmatic also huni and before bubs dropped it was horrid....bubs dropped fully after 33 weeks but bcos my baba is v long, shes engaged and head down and her bum sits just under my rib cage above belly button!! so when she stretches up she crushes my lungs and its not nice!! Iv felt pain at the back through heartburn and acid reflux also huni...if your worried go to drs and ask them to listen to your chest...they put you on some steroids or on a steroidal inhaler if your not already on one chick, my asthma is playing up again now cos of hayfever so im sleeping upright again which makes my chest ache anyway lol!
Deffo see dr about it tho re your asthma tho, im sure that pain is normal tho huni xxxx

hi bubsta, long time no chat :)
sorry ur not feelin well hon xxx ive been gettin pain in my back too, different to my normal back pain, was wondering what it was . i know last 2 times i went for scan bub was head down and judging by movements, i think he is back wards so maybe this does explain it.
everyone varies on 'dropping down', my bub has gone up and down a few times. never taotally down but sometimes bub is quite low and i can eat again without discomfort, but other times like now i have constant hb cos he is higher.
also i have been gettin breathless and i dont have asthma so i cant imagine how hard it must be for u .
hope u feel better soon hon xxxxxx

I'm not very helpful for answering any of those questions but maybe as PP suggested you can try a preventative medication? My pulmonologist put me on Pulmicort inhaler (safe for pregnancy) and it did wonders for me. Hoping you get some relief soon, not being able to breathe is terrifying :flower:.

Thanks for replying ladies! You've made me feel a bit better that hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Oh rozzle, my goodness, it sounds like your LO's length really is giving you grief! I don't know if my LO is long, but I know he is big (32wk scan he weighed 4.4lb) and I'm a bit of a shorty so I feel your pain. You have made me feel better to know i'm not alone. Xx

Hi Lilesmom! Great to hear from you honey! Yep, this is different pain to my normal back pain too. I'll check with my OB when my next scan is. It will be interesting to see if the way he is facing is impacting things. I hope your LO gives you some relief. :hugs: xxx

Thanks AvianasMommy, I have got a preventer but I haven't been using it regularly enough. It's the whole rinsing the mouth afterwards (my is flixotide - do u have to do the same with Pulmicort?) that I end up not making time and making excuses. Today is my last day at work, so I'll be able to make a much better effort now to be able to use it. I'll be talking to my OB about this though. The thought of labour when I have these episodes is very scary. Xx

Thanks for replying ladies! You've made me feel a bit better that hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Oh rozzle, my goodness, it sounds like your LO's length really is giving you grief! I don't know if my LO is long, but I know he is big (32wk scan he weighed 4.4lb) and I'm a bit of a shorty so I feel your pain. You have made me feel better to know i'm not alone. Xx

Hi Lilesmom! Great to hear from you honey! Yep, this is different pain to my normal back pain too. I'll check with my OB when my next scan is. It will be interesting to see if the way he is facing is impacting things. I hope your LO gives you some relief. :hugs: xxx

Thanks AvianasMommy, I have got a preventer but I haven't been using it regularly enough. It's the whole rinsing the mouth afterwards (my is flixotide - do u have to do the same with Pulmicort?) that I end up not making time and making excuses. Today is my last day at work, so I'll be able to make a much better effort now to be able to use it. I'll be talking to my OB about this though. The thought of labour when I have these episodes is very scary. Xx

The mouth rinsing was really annoying for me too. Do you take yours twice a day? Maybe you can try what I did... I would wake up in the morning and take the inhaler then brush my teeth. I would do the same at bedtime also. Then it's not too much of a hassle. I'm so lazy, when the doctor told me I had to rinse it was like the world ended lol. Taking it before teeth brushing worked well for me!

Xx

my bub was one ounce off 4 pound 4 weeks ago, they sent me for detailed scan cos were worried bub was too big :) il be in trouble later too i think :)
but least alls well with bub :)
hope the doc can do something for u hon xxxxxxx

The mouth rinsing was really annoying for me too. Do you take yours twice a day? Maybe you can try what I did... I would wake up in the morning and take the inhaler then brush my teeth. I would do the same at bedtime also. Then it's not too much of a hassle. I'm so lazy, when the doctor told me I had to rinse it was like the world ended lol. Taking it before teeth brushing worked well for me!

Haha, so it's not just me then.
Yep, supposed to have it twice a day. I'll start doing it at the same time as teeth brushing. Good idea. Then I might get off my slack butt and do it!

Xx

my bub was one ounce off 4 pound 4 weeks ago, they sent me for detailed scan cos were worried bub was too big :) il be in trouble later too i think :)
but least alls well with bub :)
hope the doc can do something for u hon xxxxxxx

Wow, sounds like your LO ain't so 'little' either then. I'll be interested to see how big they are when they are born! Xxx

family have been telling me they often tell u bub be big and then they r just regular size, prob cos of growth spurts at different times and stuff. one persons idea of big may be 8 pounds or so anyway. that would be normal enough size baby in our family :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->