breathlessness, revenge of nausea, palpitations?

N

Nerdy

Last night I was convinced I needed to make a run to the ER and demand an EKG. My heart was HAMMERING in my chest and would ocassionally feel like butterflies which I know to be palpitations as I've commonly gotten them during anxiety attacks. I didn't FEEL anxious, just breathless, sick, and unable to get enough oxygen. OH had me lay down for a couple hours which felt a lot better, but it returned when I sat up to watch stuff with him. Removed the bra next and that helped a bit. I spent the whole night tossing and turning. Woke up at 8, went back to bed until 10:30am using all the pillows on the bed to prop my torso up and then stuffed a body pillow under my my knees. Became a bed hammock and I was able to rest a bit more.

Still feeling awful, but I'm reading that this is common in pregnancy. I NEVER had this happen with DS, but all pregnancies are different. I'm thinking if I still feel like crap by mid-afternoon, I'm going to call my OB and let him know I'm heading in to be looked at.

Breathlessness can be a sign of anemia, have you been taking supplements? Might be worth having levels checked?

Oh hun :( That can be so scary, you just described what I've been experiencing lately. Wasn't to the point that I thought I should get an EKG but I was pretty concerned. Also the breathlessness can really be frightening. Was just sitting in the car waiting to pick up DH from the station and I could not catch my breath for the life of me.......
MS has been creeping back up on me when I think I am feeling fine! So frustrating!

Sorry you are going through that. I called my MW yesterday who said that what I'm experiencing is normal pregnancy stuff, but do call if you keep feeling like that. Hope everything goes well for you and get to the bottom of this~

Yes. I get this often. I feel palpitations and get short of breath with a few stairs or light walking. Occasional nausea too.

Last night the palpitations were back with a vengeance. It's all apparently COMPLETELY normal! GAH! I'm so confused and I definitely do not want and do not like these lovely little symptoms.

Last night the palpitations were back with a vengeance. It's all apparently COMPLETELY normal! GAH! I'm so confused and I definitely do not want and do not like these lovely little symptoms.

Agreed... Out of the worst morning sickness or fatigue I think I would take those than feeling like my heart is going to explode! Did they give you any tips on how to help them not be so intense?

Agreed... Out of the worst morning sickness or fatigue I think I would take those than feeling like my heart is going to explode! Did they give you any tips on how to help them not be so intense?

Was told to prop myself up in bed so I'm sleeping in a reclining position same way I'd handle had indigestion or heartburn and to see if I could keep a fan on me to help with air circulation. Oddly enough it seems to work, but the colder it gets the less likely I'm going to be happy with a fan on me. Hopefully with the cold, I can just open windows and the fresh air will do the trick.

I have been getting this alot. I called my doctor about it and they said to just drink more water and sit back with my shoulders back. Well none of that helps and it is really scary when it happens. My heart beat feels irregular and it's always when I lay down or on my side.

This is me walking up the stairs. I've been swimming 2/3 times weekly since 12 weeks, I'm not that unfit but show me a stair case and I'm at the top unable to breathe with my heart banging! Often have to sit down just to get some air.

Stairs are the legitimate ultimate evil right now. Not even joking. Nothing makes me feel like more of a waste than climbing a flight of stairs (which I have to do to get to my condo's front door)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->