Breech Baby - ECV next week

Section is booked for 17 June. They've told me I'll be there 2 - 3 nights, and only longer if there are any complications.

They've given me a really useful leaflet about recovery - it is quite slow. I've been told I should have someone with me at all times for the first 2 weeks - so My4thMiracle have you got someone who can help you? However you might be able to have vaginal delivery even if baby's still breech - they didn't advise it for me because baby is big. Plus, ECV is more successful when you've had babies before, so you might be in luck. I had the combination of it being first baby, big and bum engaged!

The leaflet says the bleeding goes on for longer than a vaginal delivery - for about 4 weeks and you will be more tired than with a vaginal delivery. It says climbing stairs is especially difficult (we're in a 2nd/3rd floor flat!!).

First 4 weeks it says to avoid lifting, pushing or pulling any weight heavier than your baby. Regular painkillers for first 2 weeks. No driving for at least 3 weeks - although it says you can only start that early if you can get in and out of car, wear a seat belt and do an emergency stop AND your insurance company will cover you.

3 weeks after you can do light housework and 6 weeks after you can use a hoover.

Thankyou so much for that information. I will have more idea tomorrow morning after clinic. I Don't know what I will do if I have to have one, sounds a nightmare. With this being my 4th maybe it will turn if it needs to turn. I'm worrying but it might be head down lol

2-3 night ... Boooo
I hate hospitals and wanted to leave straight away

Also just wondering - did you get to pick the date your having the c section.. or did they just say here you go its blah blah ..

2-3 night ... Boooo

Also just wondering - did you get to pick the date your having the c section.. or did they just say here you go its blah blah ..

The doctor who booked us in offered 17th June as a date and asked if that was ok, so I suppose if there's a particular reason why you can't do a specific date then you can ask for an alternative.

My sister had one and she said the same really that low sucess rate and can cause the baby distress she had a c section my baby was breech up until 37 week scan i had and it turned I decided I would not have had the ECV just because of poor success rate and that alot of people I know have had unsuccessful, hope everything works out for you and baby turns on own x x good luck

2-3 night ... Boooo

The doctor who booked us in offered 17th June as a date and asked if that was ok, so I suppose if there's a particular reason why you can't do a specific date then you can ask for an alternative.

Ahhh Ok, Thanks :)
I hope your c section goes to plan x

Been to clinic and examined by 3 different midwives and all 3 agree that babies head is DOWN and 2/5 engaged. Here's hoping it stays there now.

Good luck xx

Been to clinic and examined by 3 different midwives and all 3 agree that babies head is DOWN and 2/5 engaged. Here's hoping it stays there now.

Good luck xx

glad everything turned out ok x

Good luck xx

Yay! So hopefully a normal delivery and you'll be back on your feet much quicker! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->