Breech baby-going for scan-then consultant will go through our options???

ellie27

Reaction score
So, my little one has been breech for a long, long time and she still is at 36wks - I know there is still time for her to turn but I really dont think its going to happen!! She is not even in a kind of straight line - head at top and feet low down. Her head is right under my chest, bum across belly button then legs back up to my chest! Like a U shape.

So have to go for a presentation scan at hospital on tuesday and then consultant will go through the options. What options are there???

I know they will offer to try manually turn baby - I am refusing that as a couple of my friends have gone through this with very bad experiences and it didnt end up working!

So, what does it leave - just setting a date for a c-section??

I don't have any experience but I would guess if you aren't gonna try and move her then they would have to just set a section date.

Good luck.

How do you feel about having a planned section?

i had this.... we set the 29th as a date for c-section, then i had to go back a week later for a follow up presentation scan (they said its a precaution and that bubs wouldnt turn because of how they he/she had wedged in comfy) ... so i went back on monday...and Lo is head down and 4/5 ceph....whatever that means? so c-section is off.... bring on the pain!!! lol

I think they'll either offer to a) leave her a week or so to see if she moves, b) offer to try and turn her or c) just give you a c-section date. I'm not sure though, i maybe wrong but i'm just going on what i've read on here before :hugs:

I don't have any experience but I would guess if you aren't gonna try and move her then they would have to just set a section date.

Good luck.

How do you feel about having a planned section?

If a section is the only way to get it out then it will have to be!!

I am just looking so forward to having my little one - no matter which way she arrives. I guess I would rather it was a vaginal birth as I have heard that you recover lot more quicker.

They might suggest you try breech tilt exercises at home or they might try an external version. In the meantime, you could try 'stepping' (walking up and down stairs sideways over and over again) - according to some antenatal yoga teachers it's supposed to work miracles, but not having had a breech myself I can't confirm that.

Good luck :D

As your keen for a vaginal delivery why dont you talk in depth with your consultant about ECV...ask them what is their success rate...you can always tell them to stop if you find it painful.

Theres always breech vaginal delivery but its one of those things that you have to fight for if you believe that your body is capable of doing it and you have weighed up the risk, alot of people will say no because of the facts they are given but if you do your research then the risks are small.

You have alternative therapies, yoga, reflexology, moxibustion etc.

If you go for a planned elective c/s you have to remember that if baby changes position last minute (they will scan you again) they will cancel your op, so all your mental preperation for baby will be wasted (I would hate that!) but if its goes ahead at least you know everything has been planned for and there should be minimal complications.

Good luck!:flower:

My LO is breech and in much the same position as you describe - head right up under right ribs. I asked my NCT class leader today and she advised the usuals of leaning forward on all fours plus shine a light at bottom of belly, put something cold on top and warm on bottom of belly as they move towards the warm.

Plus she advised accupuncture which has a high success rate and gave me the number of someone. I am going to give that a go and see what happens. There is also somehting about burning a particular type of candle by your little toe which has really high success rate but sounded a bit weird to me!

I have tried all the excercises I know since 28wks but baby is staying put - will have to try the going up/downsstairs sideways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->