breech baby help

sophiecouldwe

Reaction score
last time i had a scan babys head was right under my chest so im back on thursday to see if hes moved around yet. ive felt him moving LOADS recently but im not sure if thats a sign that he has turned around. if he hasnt moved what does this mean? will it be a huge problem? and is there anything i can do to help move him? thankyou xxx

I think - if your kicks are low he is breech or if the kicks are high, he is head down.

I read somewhere that they might respond to light, so using a torch against your belly - you could try guiding him down? (it may be one of those old midwives tales though). Ooh - I also read about doing headstands...?!

I also think there are more c-sections for breech bubs, but I have read about successful natural deliveries of breech babies when the midwives have only realised the bubs was breech too late so delivered anyway.

With my first i was told to bounce on a birthing ball to try and turn him, also to lie across it and kinda roll back and forth. If he is still breech at your scan your hopsital may offer you an ecv, this is usually offered before they even consider a section.
Try not to worry chick, am sure if he hasn't turned that he will xxx

I've heard crawling around on your hands and knees helps to turn a breech baby? X

Ive heard going on all 4's and just rocking back and forth helps the baby go to the correct position xxx

ecv can be quite painful!

My ds was breech until 36 weeks and he decided to turn on his own...........in the morning as i was driving the older kids to school-OOOMMMGGG it was soooooooo painful and how i never crashed the car i dont know!!

There is a technique used by acupuncturists,but for the life of me i cannot remember its name-but they burn a special candle at the side of one of your toes-and it is supposedly got a very good success rate at turning breech babies!!

My mate was telling that she would stand with legs appart and lean forward onto the side or sink or whatever with arms outstrestched in front and then the womb goes into a hammock shape. She reckons that helps them turn round.Hope it makes sense, difficult to describe.

Good luck xx

Ooh - I also read about doing headstands...?!

haha thanks for all your suggestions. after the scan on thurs if hes not turned round i will be up for giving anything a go to try and turn him. i may look very silly in some of the postions suggested but it sounds like fun!! headstands with a big fat belly. his kicks are at the side now so i think he is slowly making his way around xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->