breech baby

kelly86

Reaction score
hi all as you may be aware i have gestational diabetes and went for my second growth scan yesterday to find baby is still breech and has a est weight of 5lb 7oz and ive still got just over 5 weeks to go as i been told they going to try let me go full term which im not happy about .but been told if baby continues to grow so fast then even tho my sugar levels are good atm then they will have to give me insulin or tablets to try slow baby down.if that happens then tey will consider starting me a little early but wont count on it. now i think its shocking leaving me to go full term as baby is currently measuring at 36 weeks and 4 days butim only 33weeks and 4 day so its measuring a whole 3 weeks ahead. any ideas on how to get this baby to move to the right postion like anything i can do eat etc cos i really was hopina natural birth

There are a few things you can try at home to get bubba into position - I've got a breech LO too and have been trying them for the last few weeks, but unfortunately had no luck. You can get on all fours with your chest on the floor and bum in the air, or lie on your back with pillows under your bum. Will your midwife/consultant consider sending you for an ECV (I had one today, it hurt like hell and didn't actually work - but it could be worth a try!).

Good luck with everything - hopefully baby will turn for you and you can still have a natural birth. Let us know how you get on won't ya xxx

I've never personally seen them done, but I've heard that "pelvic tilts" are a good way to try and convince breech babies to turn. Not sure exactly how they're done, but maybe you could google it?

Not much help I guess, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I found the strangest website that mentioned shining a torch "up there" to see if baby will go toward the light!

I tried it along with nearly everything else - it didn't work though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->