Breech or not??

My4thmiracle

Mummy to baby Nico + 3
Reaction score
So after being told a fortnight ago baby was breech, then last week it was head down.
Today I was checked over by 3 different midwives and 2 say it's breech and 1 is insisting it's head down.

I've got to wait til next Thursday now when I will be 36.3 wks to be checked again. If they cant agree I will have to go to hospital 40 miles away for scan to confirm.

What I want from you ladies is where are you feeling your movements? Most of mine are just above my belly button area and it comes up high and hard and then the what I thought were feet kick out to the right.

They used a soniaid and heard heartbeat all over but the one then listened in with other thing and she insists it was stronger down the bottom right instead of top left or right.

What do ya reckon ??

They can still move around all over the place at your stage, it isn't uncommon. But from your movements, I would say that baby is head down.. you will really know when head engages.

Check out www.spinningbabies.com - good site on Optiminal Fetal Positioning and letting you figure it out for yourself with a few prods and pokes.
xXx

My baby is breech (has been for about 8 weeks) and all my kicks are down very low at the bottom of my bump and sometimes feels like LO is kicking my bladder!! I can see the little round head at the top of my bump (especially when I have braxton hicks) and I can feel it under my ribs on the right side. I'm surprised that the midwives disagreed...such a shame the hospital is so far away to check. As I went for a scan at 37 weeks to confirm it was breech but luckily our hospital is only 10 mins drive away.

Hope you baby isnt breech...good luck x

Hey Babybears we are in the same part of the world!

Have you been offered to have baby turned before your elective? Or is that something you have decided you wouldn't like to do?
XxX

hey bournefree...so we are! I actually grew up in bmth and moved to poole when i met my DH.

I decided against the version, just my personal opinion i just wasnt happy about it.

are you going to bmth or poole hospital when you have your LO? x

My LO is head down, all movements are on the left side of my belly (about belly button heighth) I feel hiccups strongest in the bottom right and his heart beat is heard strongest on the bottom right.
Good luck!

hey bournefree...so we are! I actually grew up in bmth and moved to poole when i met my DH.

I decided against the version, just my personal opinion i just wasnt happy about it.

All things going well, I planning on having this baby at home as I did with my first. The MWs will come from Royal Bournemouth. My friend (we had our first babies aorund about the same time) had her elective at poole just a few weeks ago, and she said it was a world away from her first EMCS. Calm and relaxed, but it's still a long recovery time and she did have to wait about a bit as other emergency surgery was going on. She does feel so much better about the whole experience though. :hugs:
XxX

All things going well, I planning on having this baby at home as I did with my first. The MWs will come from Royal Bournemouth. My friend (we had our first babies aorund about the same time) had her elective at poole just a few weeks ago, and she said it was a world away from her first EMCS. Calm and relaxed, but it's still a long recovery time and she did have to wait about a bit as other emergency surgery was going on. She does feel so much better about the whole experience though. :hugs:
XxX

that's great...hope all does go well and you can have your planned homebirth. It's nice to hear that your friend had a positive elective experience at poole. I had my DD naturally at poole so I'm glad to have experienced that, so not so disappointed if i do have the c-section.

Good luck x

Hi, My baby is breech, has his head up top which I can feel clearly and his bum on my bladder with his legs and arms tucked up to my right hand side so thats where I feel all the movement. My midwife hears the heartbeat over on the left around belly button height which is where his back is.

my baby is head down and movements are as you discribed!so hopefully baby is head down

Thankyou for your replies, anybody else give me ideas of where they have their movement?

Unsure but u should feel hicups? I feel hicups almost into my vagina .. lolx

My little girl is breech, her head is right up underneath my ribs, she stretched this morning and her head stuck out of the bump it was quite freaky looking and gave me hiccups afterwards hehe

I feel her punching and headbutting the top of my bump, and feel her kicking downwards, it feels like I might instantly wet myself some times when she kicks me down there hehe

I get most movements around belly button height, but my scan today showed he's still breech.

i THINK my baby is breech based on where i am feeling kicks, i am only 28 weeks but have a low laying placenta which can "cause" the baby to adopt a breech position . . .anywho i can feel a large lump just under my ribs on my left hand side and all the kicks i feel are on my cervix and bladder, and yes i totally rush off to the loo whenever she whollops me lol any kicks the highest i have felt a kick is about level with my belly button which i suppose could easily be hands . . . will find out in a few days have 4d scan booked! will update you if i am right!

Though you can't confirm yet where baby is, but if baby is breech, have you considered what your options are? i.e deliver vaginally breech, inversion, c-section (it doesn't have to be an automatic c-section)

I've been having a long hard think (dangerous I know!) and personally, if my baby was breech right before birth, I'm not changing my birth plan and I'm happy to deliver breech, esp if there were no other signs of complications - it is a normal varience of birth.

Just wondered how everyone else felt about this?
Xxx

I don't like the idea of giving birth to a breech, a friend of mine did and she said it was the worst thing ever.

Until I know exactly which way baby is lying I'm not gonna given it too much thought, as they are still saying it's got time to turn back if it is breech.

Midwives aren't saying much except for my hospital for delivery will change so I will be booked at the hospital I usually give birth at (40 miles away) instead of local hospital that had given me the all clear on this my last baby.

What will be, will be x

Yeah, I think it is sensible to wait and see where baby is when your in labour, as it certainly could change.

I was just reading about the difference between Vaginal Breech BIRTH and Vaginal Breech DELIVERY from a MW in my home birth group. It is interesting.. Hope this helps anyone who didn't think of the differences (like me!)

"With a breech birth the onset of labour is
awaited spontaneously. In the first stage of labour the woman is
encouraged to adopt a position in labour that is most comfortable to her and
to move as she wishes. The labour is monitored by the close observations of
an experienced midwife. The onset of spontaneuos expulsive contractions is
awaited and when this stage is reached the woman is encouraged to be on all
fours and to push her baby out by her unaided efforts. If the labour does
not progress spontaneuously a Caesarian Section is advised. In a vaginal
breech delivery the labour may be induced and the baby's heart is monitored
by an electronic monitor which usually requires the woman's position to be
restricted to being in a semi recumbant position and her movements
restricted.. Vaginal examinations are performed routinely usually four
hourly. If the labour does not progress in the first stage, it can be
augmented by the administration of oxytocic drugs usually given by
intravenous infusion. Requiring further restricions of the woman's
movements. When the second stage is reached the woman is placed in stirrups
on her back and the baby's delivery is acheived by traction and manipulation
by the attendant medical practitioner who has usually not been in attendance
throughout the preceding labour, but who has been called to do the delivery.
If you attend the appointment with the Consultant you may wish to discuss
his plans for the birth/delivery. If you choose to plan a breech birth you
do really need to be attended by an experienced midwife. If you choose a
breech delivery you may wish to ask the consultant what his experience is
and what his outcomes are"

Xxx

It's the idea of the cord getting trapped with the head yet to be born that frightens me. Especially with the head being the hardest to get out.

As much as I really wanted a natural birth, knowing my little one is breech totally put me off the idea, and I'm more than happy to opt for a c-section now if needs be. The idea of littlen's head getting stuck, or the cord wrapping round her neck scares the shit out of me :(

I don't like the idea of the ECV or manipulation during labour trying to turn her around etc. What will be will be, I think she's super comfy where she is, and stubborn like her dad. I've only got a couple of weeks till my next scan to see if she turns or not :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->