Brejvik. Insane or just evil?

tu123

Reaction score
This is what his defense is now saying. BUt how do you really know if someone is insane? Could it not all be a front? Do we use the word insane in this example because we can not believe that someone could be so evil?

It is bugging me as you can tell!

And if he is insane-should he then deserve a lesser sentence?

I don't know how they determine somebody criminally insane, I assume there is some kind of protocal and tests they have to carry out. I also think that the sentence they receive is not made shorter but they are placed into mental hospitals for criminals (my OH used to work in one), they are not given a specific sentence they have to stay there until they are deemed fit enough by professionals and the courts to be released, but this could never be the case.

As for Brejvik there has to be something not quite wired right for him to beable to massacre all of those poor people, but on the other hand he was alert enough to write all of that stuff about his 'cause'. I really don't know enough about mental illness to comment greatly so will be nice to learn about it from other peoples comments on here!

I think all people that are incredibly evil are labelled as insane arent they? Im not sure all of them are tho.

Great question btw.

I think if someone commits such a violent act they should be punished accordingly, insane or not. If they arent then i think it sends out a message that its ok to do these things if u were on drugs, depressed, mentally unstable etc which to me would be a real worry. I dunno its a hard one, but thats my initial thought on it, im not saying im right just how i feel.

I think all people that are incredibly evil are labelled as insane arent they? Im not sure all of them are tho.

Great question btw.

I think if someone commits such a violent act they should be punished accordingly, insane or not. If they arent then i think it sends out a message that its ok to do these things if u were on drugs, depressed, mentally unstable etc which to me would be a real worry. I dunno its a hard one, but thats my initial thought on it, im not saying im right just how i feel.

This is what i am thinking about mainly. Are they "insane" because they do not commit to societies ideals so they are infact just evil? Or because they have some brain pathology? Or is evilness a disease?

We are all taught to let live and forgive. Could i forgive this because he is insane? Sadly i am not that strong. Therefore, i feel he gets just as long a sentence whether in a mental hospital all not.

I would love to hear from anyone in mental health services.

Forgiveness is one thing, Forgetting is another.

Each person has to be accountable for their actions :)

Yes anyone who knows more on the subject pls post would be great to hear ur opinion! x

I would say he's not criminally insane being that he was able to plan and does understand what is happeniing to him. A lot of criminals are mentally unwell, a lot of killers are psycopaths, so very mentally ill but still able to understand and able to be held accountable. This poor excuse for a man needs to be locked up somewhere he cant influence anyone and get the audience he desires:nope:

Honestly, I think to kill all those people (including children) in cold blood because you think it your duty you have to be mad. However, I don't think he's 'insane'. He isn't like the man who chopped the lady in Tenerifes head off in the middle of a shopping centre for no reason.. he was insane. Brejvik planned it all, he knew why he was doing it and he wrote blogs about it :shrug: He needs to be held accountable.
I read that he might only get 20 years in prison cos Norways sentences are so lax :shock:

Good comparison Blah.

20years! That would cause national uproar!

. He isn't like the man who chopped the lady in Tenerifes head off in the middle of a shopping centre for no reason.. he was insane.

I had forgotten about this, not sure how. That story sent chills up my spine. Poor woman :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->