Brewers Diet

JessPape

Myself, Husband, DD
Reaction score
Anyone heard of, or been told to try it during their pregnancy? thoughts on it?

I've heard of it but no I don't/wouldn't follow it.

If you follow a balanced healthy diet then there is no reason that you should need a specific diet sheet to tell you what to eat. Balance your fruit and veg intake with your lean meat/protein and carbs and you should be absolutely fine.

My midwife swore by it for people whove had premature births before as they have linked vitamin deficiencies to some premature births . She said she's had moms who have carried to full term even after 2 preemies .

If you have trouble with finding a balanced diet on your own it can be helpful

It's unproven and it's not a balanced diet, it's fairly unhealthy. It's touted by some as good for high-risk pre-eclampsia pregnancies (which I am after having it first time around) but personally I've chosen to just stick to a balanced diet as much as possible.

ETA bear in mind it's an old theory too, not sure exactly how old but if memory serves me right it comes from the days of pregnant women being advised to eat lots of liver (liver now being totally off the menu!) and drink guiness every day for iron!

My midwife swore by it for people whove had premature births before as they have linked vitamin deficiencies to some premature births . She said she's had moms who have carried to full term even after 2 preemies .

If you have trouble with finding a balanced diet on your own it can be helpful

That's tempting!

I think it's a good place to start; HOWEVER, I think they want you to eat waaaaay too much food. 2600 calories a day is way too much unless you started out under 20 BMI, in my opinion. However, you DO need a lot more protein when pregnant, and if you look at everything thy want you to eat, it is balanced; just too many calories. I aimed for 100 - 120 g protein a day and probably hit 90-100 most of the time, which I'm pretty happy with. Had lots of veggie and fruit smoothies to get all 5-6 servings at once, lol. Definitely easier than 2-3 salads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->